Top 50 Solo Hits of Kishore Kumar in Bollywood
The one and only Kishore da – the man who came to Bollywood, tried to become an actor similar to his elder brother, entertained everyone with his comic style and finally conquered and stole millions of hearts with his mesmerizing voice! A genius known for his versatility, Kishore has donned every species of songs in Bollywood. A legendary singer without any typical style of singing, his songs are still popular even after decades. He didn’t receive any formal training in music, and his masculine voice was his real strength. He also did music practice regularly. It was for the first time, a masculine voice was heard in Hindi cinema, and music fans accepted him with whole heart. His effortless rendition in merry also made most of his songs super hits. S. D. Burman used the voices of both Kishore Kumar and Mohammed Rafi to record the songs of Dev Anand, right from 1950s. Before Kishore Kumar turned a full-fledged singer, he mostly sang for his own starred movies, apart from a few songs for Dev Anand, mostly composed by S. D.
There is no comparison between legends – Rafi, Mukesh or Kishore, they own a distinct class, and each own fan following crowd as well. Though Kishore Kumar remained one of the rare singing actors of Bollywood in the era of 1960s, he received the stardom only in the early 1970s, very soon after Aradhana magic mesmerized the whole nation. But S. D. Burman remained one of the top composers who gave good opportunities to Kishore during his formative years and 1960s. Read here to know best songs of S. D. Burman – Kishore Kumar combination. In fact his compositions of Aradhana became instrumental in making Kishore Kumar the most popular and celebrated playback singer of Bollywood. Also read: Top 50 duets of Kishore Kumar.
R. D. Burman gave maximum hits and his finest compositions to Kishore da, and most of those chartbusters have stood against the test of time! Without going into too much details, let me list top 50 solo songs sung by Kishore Kumar, which I feel the best. It has been a Herculean task for me, and I am not sure if I have missed any of popular Kishore solos. Though I couldn’t add all my favourite songs in this list, I have provided a few more songs at the end, which deserve special mention. Also please not, it’s solely a list of Kishore’s solo songs, and hence duets are not included. I have sorted the list of songs in alphabetic order for the convenience of the reader, and here it goes!
Top 50 solo Bollywood songs of Kishore Kumar
1. Aanewala Pal from Golmaal – This song from 1979 comedy film is absolutely classic and I have set it as my mobile ringtone as well. It’s not the case of just me or you, Aanewala Pal is a favourite of many who love wonderful 1970s and R. D. Burman tunes. I often feel this song is haunting. The song featured Amol Palekar and Bindiya Goswami, and its lyrics were penned by Gulzar, and what an amazing composition by Burman da. This song is one of my top 10 favourites of both Kishore and R. D. Gulzar received Filmfare awards for penning its lyrics.
Once I happened to watch a reality show on television, where a contestant was singing this Kishora da number. But the trained singer took a lot of effort to sing this song. Then only I could understand, it’s not an easy song to sing. It’s only Kishore da’s talent, and singing style which gave an effortless appeal to the song. One of the judges too made similar comments what I was thinking in mind then. That’s one and only Kishore da!
2. Agar Tum Na Hote from Agar Tum Na Hote – The title track had several versions used as theme song. Apart from a solo sung by Lata Mangeshkar, it had a duet version too. Music was composed by Rahul Dev Burman and lyrics written by Gulshan Bawra, and Rajesh Khanna was featured in this song. Kishore Kumar received Filmfare award for best playback singer for this song.
3. Aisa Na Mujhe Tum Dekho from Darling Darling – This popular peppy number featured Dev Anand and Zeenat Aman. One of the best songs of Kishore da for Dev Anand, its remixed version by Vikas Bhalla became popular in the mid-2000s. Music was composed by R. D and lyrics penned by Anand Bakshi. Also read: Top 10 romantic tracks of Dev Anand.
4. Chala Jaata Hoon from Mere Jeevan Saathi – When the trio R.D-Rajesh Khanna-Kishore Kumar works together for a single song, they set screen on fire. The song penned by Majrooh Sultanpuri also had Kishore da’s signature yodeling. Click here to read the best 15 yodelling tracks sung by Kishore da. The song also featured actress Tanuja alongside Rajesh Khanna. In the 1960s and 1970s, it was a trend to film at least one song in car, jeep or train, and Chala Jaata Hoon is one of the best songs belonging to this category.
5. Title track from Chalte Chalte – Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna – What a beautiful phrase! Though Bappi Lahiri is mostly associated with disco tracks, it’s unbelievable that he has composed some beautiful and romantic songs similar to this one. ‘Chalte Chalte’ song is so popular that this phrase has been used to coin Bollywood’s film title several times. Read such interesting film titles of Shah Rukh Khan movies. The striking lyrics of Chalte Chalte were written by Amit Khanna.
6. Chehra Hai Ya Chand Khila from Saagar – This title track from Saagar is one of the best romantic songs of Kishore Kumar in the 1980s. The song composed by R. D. Burman was pictured on Rishi Kapoor and Dimple Kapadia. It was after a long time, ‘Bobby’ pair worked together and the musical hit was directed by Ramesh Sippy. Lyrics were authored by Javed Akhtar.
7. Chingari Koi from Amar Prem – Yet another popular song of the magic trio – Burman-Kishore-Khanna, Anand Bakshi too joins the group. The group of 4 has gained a lot of attention since Aradhana got released in 1969. This emotional song featuring the ‘Aradhana’ pair can never miss our list of Kishore’s best solos. Also read: Top 50 Kishore – R. D Songs.
8. Chukar Mere Mann Ko from Yarana – Kishore Kumar remained the ghost voice of both the superstars of 1970s since both established in Bollywood. Voice of superstars, he has sung several fun filled songs for Amitabh Bachchan. But this particular one is really touching and entirely different from those tracks sung by Kishore for Big B. Lyrics were written by Anjaan and music composed by Rajesh Roshan. Neetu Singh was featured aside Big B in this song.
9. Dil Aisa Kise Ne Mera from Amanush – The title track featuring Utam Kumar and Sharmila Tagore got noticed for its capturing lyrics written by Indeevar. Shyamal Mitra’s track is still popular among Kishore fans. Shyamal Mitra was mostly associated with Bengali cinema and regularly worked with Shakti Samanta. Amanush too was directed by Samanta.
10. Dil Kya Kare from Julie – Regarded as a bold film of the era, the music composed by Rajesh Roshan received critical acclaim. The music director won his first Filmfare award for composing songs of Julie. Dil Kya Kare is definitely one of the finest romantic songs of Kishore’s career. Years later, Shaan revived the song and sang its remixed version which helped him to find a place in Bollywood music in the late 1990s. Its wonderful lyrics were written by Anand Bakshi for which he won Bengal Film Journalists’ Association Awards for Best Lyricist.
11. Dilbar Mere of Satte Pe Satta – Though Amitabh Bachchan is the most popular star of Bollywood cinema, he is less-linked to romantic films and songs. This particular song is definitely an exception. What a lovely song of Kishore da, and how beautifully Amitabh expressed it on screen! As usual, music was composed by R. D. Burman. Gulshan Bawra penned the lyrics.
12. Ek Ajnabee Haseena Se of Ajnabee – The title track of the movie stars Rajesh Khanna and Zeenat Aman. Ajnabee was the first film where both the actors worked together. The song picturization makes us remember the popular ‘Khilte Hain Gul Yahan’ track of Sharmilee, that one too, a popular solo of Kishore Kumar. Once again, R. D. Burman composed the music and lyrics were penned by Anand Bakshi. So once again, it’s a successful association of quadrumvirate of 1970s.
13. Ek Ladki Bheegi Bhaagi Si from Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi – Bollywood witnessed three Ganguly brothers to share screen through this comedy flick, which became the second highest grosser of the year 1958. The movie also starred Kishore’s future wife Madhubala, and this fun filled song of Kishore da is regarded as one of the best rain songs of Bollywood ever. It’s just amazing to watch live performance of Kishore for his own song, and the B/W song featuring the real life couple has a vintage beauty. Music was composed by Sachin Dev Burman and lyrics penned by Majrooh Sultanpuri. Also read: Top 15 films featuring real life couple.
14. Haan Pehli Baar from Aur Kaun? – Amit Khanna-Bappi Lahiri duo has given a couple of melodious Kishore singles to music fans – Chalte Chalte and Haan Pehli Baar. Actually the film starring Sachin was a huge flop. I too heard this song for the first time in the mid-2000s when an album version came out. I thought this beautiful composition is an unreleased one of Kishore da, but released as a music video. I have heard remixed versions of many classic hits of yesterdays. But it was for the first time, I listened to the original after a new version got released. The song is indeed romantic and one of the best songs of Bappi Lahiri ever. Sachin Pilgaonkar was featured in the original version.
15. Hamein Tumse Pyar Kitna from Khudrat – This evergreen romantic song had two versions and both were indeed popular. The song featuring Rajesh Khanna and Hema Malini was composed by R. D. Burman, and penned by Majrooh Sultanpuri. Kishore Kumar and Parveen Sultana were nominated for the same song in the respective categories at Filmfare awards and Sultana walked away with the trophy. Also read: Movies on incarnation with thread similar to Madhumati.
16. Hum Bewafa Harghiz Na from Shalimar – Dev Anand starrer was a box office flop. But the film is still remembered for this popular ‘Bewafa’ song sung by Kishore da. Dharmendra was featured in this heart-breaking song. In the 1990s, Instant Karma’s remixed version also made the song popular among youngsters. Both Kishore Kumar and R. D. Burman received nominations at Filmfare awards for their respective works. The song was penned by Anand Bakshi. “One Two Cha Cha” song from the film also gathered a Filmfare nomination for Usha Uthup. The movie is also in records for recording last Mohammed Rafi song for Shammi Kapoor.
17. Jeevan Ke Safar Mein Rahi from Munimji – Music was composed by S. D. Burman, and lyrics penned by Sahir Ludhianvi. The song also had a female version in Lata Mangeshkar’s voice.
18. Kehna Hai Kehna Hai from Padosan – One of the top romantic tracks of R. D – Kishore combination in the 1960s, the song also featured Kishore Kumar as a singer. In fact Kishore sang all the tracks for his screen character. Sunil Dutt and Saira Bhanu were also seen in the song. The song was written by Rajinder Krishan. The movie also featured yet another chartbuster solo of Kishore – Mere Samnewale Khidki Mein.
19. Khaike Paan Banaraswala from Don – The movie and this particular peppy number sung by Kishore for Amitabh, has a big success story to tell. Initially declared a flop, Don turned a blockbuster after this track was added to the film. Quite interesting! Read more. Kalyanji Anandji composed the music and Anjan wrote lyrics. Kishore Kumar won Filmfare award for this particular song, while Asha Bhosle won for ‘Yeh Mera Dil’. After receiving the award, Asha stopped receiving more Filmfare awards to promote young talents. The movie also included a couple of Kishore solos – Mein Hoon Don and Yeh Hai Bombay Nagaria.
20. Khilte Hain Gul Yahaan from Sharmeelee – One of the finest compositions of S. D – Kishore combination, the song featured Shashi Kapoor and Rakhee Gulzar in a romantic mood. Oh Meri Sharmeelee is yet another popular number featuring the lead stars. In fact all the tracks were instant hits. Neeraj penned the lyrics.
21. Khwab Ho Tum Ya from Teen Deviyaan – Music was composed by Sachin Dev Burman and lyrics written by Majrooh Sultanpuri. Dev Anand romanced three ladies in this film, and Sachin da used Kishore’s voice to record all songs except Aisa To Na Dekha and Kahin Bekhayal Ho Kar. In fact Kishore da sang all the duets for the film.
22. Kuch To Log Kahenge from Amar Prem – Earlier I have mentioned the ‘Chingari’ song from the film. This philosophical song also deserves special mention. Though Kishore is seen as a live and funny person with eccentric behavior, and many of his chartbusters too belong to the same genre, the singer proved to be a genius by singing many philosophical songs in a serious note, but with ease. His rendition of such songs is really touching and feels like Kishore was indeed living through those songs.
23. Meet Na Mila Re Man Ka from Abhimaan – Its evergreen songs are still loved by fans of Sachin da. Meet Na Mila Re Man Ka is the single solo track of Kishore da from the film. The song featured Amitabh as a performing artist on stage. Majrooh Sultanpuri penned the lyrics. He also sang the popular duet, Tere Mere Milan Ki Yeh Raina aside Lata Mangeshkar.
24. Mere Dil Mein Aaj Kya Hai from Daag: A Poem of Love – After Aradhana magic, its lead pair delivered many hits. Though R. D. Burman was associated with the majority of popular Khanna songs of 1970s and later, the music of Daag was composed by Laxmikanth-Pyarelal. Definitely Daag is one of the finest works of the duo’s career. All the songs penned by Sahir Ludhianvi were indeed popular.
Mere Dil Mein Aaj Kya Hai is one of the finest romantic songs sung by Kishore Kumar for Rajesh Khanna, and the single solo Kishore track of the musical album. Sharmila Tagore was also featured in this song. Also read: Top 25 songs featuring Sharmila Tagore. This particular song was nominated at Filmfare for best male playback singer, best lyrics and Laxmikant-Pyarelal too was nominated for its popular music – a rare phenomenon. But none of them could receive an award.
25. Mera Jeevan Kora Kagaz from Kora Kagaz – This title track featuring Jaya Bhaduri was the highlight of the film. Kalyanji-Anandji composed the music and lyrics authored by M. G. Hashmat. The song was so popular that it topped the Binaca Geetmala annual list 1974. Kalyanji Anandji won Filmfare award for best music, and Kishore da received a nomination.
26. Mere Mehboob Khayamat Hogi from Mr. X in Bombay – One of the early hits of Kishore da, the movie was one of the earliest science fiction films of Indian Cinema. Kishore played lead role as well, and music was composed by Laxmikant-Pyarelal. Lyrics were penned by Anand Bakshi.
27. Mere Naseeb Mein Aye Dost from Do Raaste – The movie established Rajesh Khanna – Mumtaz jodi as the most popular pair of early 1970s. The movie also revived Mumtaz’ career, and promoted her to the list of A-grade Bollywood actresses. Earlier she was associated with B-grade action films. Music was composed by Laxmikanth-Pyarelal and lyrics were penned by Anand Bakshi. The movie was released just 4 weeks after Aradhana, and both the movies played a significant role in establishing Rajesh Khanna as the first superstar of Bollywood. The movie also featured several Rafi songs for Khanna including the romantic – Yeh Reshmi Zulfein. Also read: Rafi’s songs for Rajesh Khanna. Heart breaking song,Mere Naseeb Mein is the single Kishore Kumar song featured in the album.
28. Mere Nayana from Mehbooba – Though the movie received critics’ appreciation, the film was a box office flop. But the music by R. D. Burman is still popular, particularly this Kishore solo. Yet another top song of quadrumvirate of 1970s (RD-Kishore-Khanna-Bakshi), Kishore’s version is more popular than Lata’s. The song based on Raga Shivranjani played an important role in the sequence continuity of the film.
29. Mere Sapnom Ki Rani from Aradhana – Till now I have written so many posts about Mere Sapnom Ki Rani and Aradhana. The song is rumoured to be inspired from this English tune – Tequila by Daniel Flores. A lot can be written about this iconic song featuring Rajesh Khanna, Sharmila Tagore and Sujit Kumar; only a few songs have been able to change the flow of Bollywood and its music. This single song along with Roop Tera Mastana, changed the destiny of an actor, a singer and of course, a music director who completed his father’s unfinished works on his behalf. It was R. D. who assigned both the songs to Kishore da when Mohammed Rafi was on a world tour; S. D wanted Rafi to sing both these tracks though. When Rafi returned he saw Kishore da seated in his throne at Numero uno. It was for the first time Sharmila Tagore worked with Rajesh Khanna, and in the opening scene, Rakesh Khanna is seen flirting with Sharmila. But in reality, both their scenes were shot separately and a tricky editing did the job.
30. Meri Bheegi Bheegi Si from Anamika – A very popular sad solo of Kishore Kumar featuring Sanjeev Kumar, it’s the title track of the film as well. Composed by R. D and penned by Majrooh Sultanpuri, Jaya Bhaduri was also featured in the song. It’s the single Kishore da song in the album consisting of 5 solos. It’s quite interesting there are no duets in this top class music album.
31. Musafir Hoon Yaaro from Parichay – Yet another popular R. D. Burman melodious track, the song featured actor Jitendra. This track can be listed under a travel song. Lyrics were penned by Gulzar.
32. Neele Neele Ambar Pe from Kalakar – It’s one of the rarest tracks of Kishore da, which has an original in any south Indian language. Mukda of Tamil song – Ilayanila Pozhikirath, originally composed by Illayaraja was reused for the Hindi remake of Payanangal Mudivathille. Only the Mukda was reused by Kalyanji-Anandji, while Antara is fresh. Original version was sung by S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, and I still can’t finalize which song is great, and who sung it best. Let me add, Kishore Kumar and SPB are two great pillars of Indian film music industry, but never took formal training in music. Also read: Tamil tunes reused in Hindi remakes of films.
33. O Hansini from Zehreela Insaan – This highly romantic song featured Rishi Kapoor aside Neetu Singh. The movie was a huge flop. However Zehreela Insaan is still remembered for this great tune created by R. D. Burman, and Kishore’s magical voice. In 2002, Hariharan sang the same song for the movie, Dil Vil Pyar Vyar, a tribute to the great composer. Majrooh Sultanpuri penned the lyrics.
34. O Mere Dil Ka Chein from Mere Jeevan Saati – This evergreen song featured Rajesh Khanna and Tanuja in a romantic mood. The film was a super hit and songs composed by R. D. Burman played a significant role in film’s success. The movie also included the yodeling song of Kishore Kumar – Chala Jaata Hoon. Diwana Leke Aaya Hai is yet another popular Kishore solo. The song was penned by Majrooh Sultanpuri. Also read: Top 12 songs featuring Tanuja.
35. O Saathi Re from Muqaddar Ka Sikandar – This touching song is enough to bring emotions and tears, and Amitabh’s expressions and Kishore’s voice were quite combo to one another. One of the best works of Kalyanji-Anandji, lyrics were penned by Anjaan. The song also had a female version sung by Asha Bhosle. Yet Kishore’s version is popular.
36. Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas from Blackmail – For youngsters or music fans of old generation, Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas is a top favourite. One of the finest songs composed by Kalyanji-Anandji, this evergreen classic featured Rakhee Gulzar and Dharmendra. This popular romantic song was penned by Rajendra Krishan. Sharbiti Teri Aankhon featuring Shatrughan Sinha and Rakhee is yet another popular peppy number. Also read: Top 30 music albums of Kalyanji-Anandji
37. Pyar Deewana Hota Hai from Katti Patang – Aradhana and Katti Patang were female oriented films both directed by Shakti Samanta, and the lead heroines bagged their single Filmfare award for best actress in their life time for respective movies. Yet Rajesh Khanna stole the show in both these movies, through his mesmerizing ‘ada’ and romantic style. Songs sung by Kishore Kumar in both these films played a magnificent role to give Rajesh Khanna the real stardom which he received in a short interval of time. Music was composed by R. D. Burman and lyrics were penned by Anand Bakshi.
38. Phir Wahi Raat Hai from Ghar – Ghar is best known for the amazing screen chemistry between the lead pair – Vinod Mehra and Rekha and the evergreen songs composed by R. D. Burman. Gulzar authored lyrics for all its songs. The movie also included a couple of popular solos sung by Lata Mangeshkar and filmed on Rekha.
39. Phoolon Ka Taron Ka from Hare Rama Hare Krishna – The song had two versions and both are still popular. The child version of this popular ‘Bahna’ song was sung by Lata Mangeshkar. This evergreen song was written by Anand Bakshi who gave several memorable tracks to Bollywood fans, in association with R. D. Burman. All the songs composed by R. D. Burman were extremely popular, and the movie included the most popular ‘Dum Maro Dum’ of Asha Bhosle.
40. Phoolon Ki Rang Se from Prem Pujari – The film was not a hit, but the songs composed by S. D. Burman and penned by Neeraj are tagged as timeless classics. The movie also marked directorial debut of Dev Anand in 1970.
41. Tum Bin Jaon Kaha from Pyar Ka Mausam – Very few songs in Bollywood has two versions in Rafi and Kishore’s voice, and Tum Bin is one such very popular track. Rafi’s version got released first and well received as well. Rafi’s voice was used for Shashi Kapoor’s version two times. Kishore’s version featuring Bharat Bhushan was released later, and this one had an upper hand over Rafi’s simply because of the yodeling Kishore incorporated in the song while recording. Rajesh Khanna’s superstardom in the early 1970s also made Kishore’s version most popular. But to be honest, I loved both versions and legends should never be compared.
42. Rhim Jhim Gire Sawan from Manzil – The movie is best known for this chartbuster song sung in two versions – Kishore Kumar and Lata Mangeshkar, and I should say, Kishore Kumar’s version became more popular. Also read: Rain songs of Lata Mangeshkar. Music was composed by R. D. Burman, and lyrics penned by Yogesh. The song featured Moushumi Chatterjee and Amitabh Bachchan.
43. Roop Tera Mastana from Aradhana – As I have told earlier, many facts have been told about Kishore da, Rajesh Khanna and the mesmerizing songs of Aradhana composed by S. D. Burman. It was for the second time Kishore Kumar’s voice used for Rajesh Khanna after Khamosh released the same year, and after that Kumar’s voice became a permanent fixture for Khanna. The song also gave Kishore Kumar his first Filmfare award. The song featuring Rajesh Khanna and Sharmila Tagore is extremely hot, and the sizzling song with 3 ½ minutes duration was filmed in a single shot. The movie also proved to be the turning point of Anand Bakshi’s career.
Roop Tera Mastana and Mere Sapnon Ki Rani – As S. D reserved both these songs for Rafi and later Rahul Dev Burman recorded both these solos in Kishore’s voice, there is a myth that S. D gave less opportunities to Kishore. But it’s not true! Actually during the 1950s and 1960s, Kishore’s talents were well explored by Burman da, who gave him maximum hit songs in both these decades before Aradhana happened. Have a look at this list of S. D and Kishore’s work together to know the truth. Also Burman da’s son, R. D. Burman and Kishore Kumar remained thick friends and worked together in many movies in 1960s too, best instance being Padosan.
44. Sama Hai Suhana Suhana from Ghar Ghar Ki Kahani – No one remembers the film or the actors featured in it. It’s just Kishore’s sensuous and magical voice in Sama Hai Suhana Suhan, which worth mention. Definitely one of the finest tracks ever sung by this legendary singer! The song had several remixed versions and revived versions used in films. Yet none can beat this magical voice! Music was composed by Kalyanji Anandji.
45. Yeh Jeevan Hai from Piya Ka Ghar – The theme song for this Basu Chatterjee’s classic featured Jaya Bhaduri and Anil Dhawan. Music was composed by Laxmikant Pyarelal and lyrics penned by Anand Bakshi.
46. Yeh Jo Mohabbat Hai from Katti Patang – R. D. Burman used Kishore’s voice to record three solos, and all of them are timeless. I couldn’t avoid anyone of them, and have included all the three in this list of best 50 solo hits of Kishore Kumar. Yeh Jo Mohabbat Hai is an emotional sad song featuring Khanna. Film’s popular lyrics were penned by Anand Bakshi.
47. Yeh Shyaam Mastani from Katti Patang – The song featuring Asha Parekh and Rajesh Khanna is one of the top romantic songs of early 1970s. R. D. Burman used Kishore Kumar’s voice to record all Khanna songs except Jis Gali Mein Tera Ghar. Only in a few cases, Mukesh has sung for Rajesh Khanna. Kishore Kumar incorporated his signature yodelling style in this highly romantic track.
48. Zindagi Ek Safar from Andaz – Rajesh Khanna played a cameo role in Andaaz, where he was featured aside Hema Malini, and Kishore used his typical yodeling style to sing, Zindagi Ek Safar which became an instant chartbuster. It’s one the rarest films composed by Shankar-Jaikishan for Rajesh Khanna, and same is the case of Hasrat Jaipuri too, who penned the lyrics. Rafi’s voice was used for all the tracks of Shammi Kapoor, while SJ recorded this single Khanna track with Kishore Kumar. In the era of superstardom of Khanna, Zindagi Ek Safar became the most popular song of Andaz.
49. Zindagi Ka Safar from Safar – The movie included two Kishore solos, and I would like to include the title track in this list. The movie featured star pair, Rajesh Khanna and Sharmila Tagore. Music was composed by Kalyanji Anandji, with lyrics authored by Indeevar. Jeevan Se Bhari Teri Aankhein is yet another popular Kishore solo from Safar. Read Top 20 Bollywood Songs of Kalyanji-Anandji & Kishore Kumar Combination.
50. Zindagi Ke Safar from Aap Ki Kasam – No other track can conclude this A-Z list of Kishore Kumar songs better than this one penned by Anand Bakshi. While I prepared this list and sorted the songs in alphabetic order, I got surprised to find that the concluding three songs have the same phrase with minute differences, same voice, same composer and same actor. All these three Rajesh Khanna songs with same beginning phrase were composed by R. D. Burman and sung by Kishore Kumar. All the three have a philosophical touch and thoughts linked to human life. Quite Co-incidence!
Next 5 songs which narrowly missed the list
1. Bhawre Ki Gunchal from Kal Aaj Aur Kal
2. Dream Girl from Dream Girl
3. Kitne Bhi Tu Karle Sitam from Sanam Teri Kasam
4. Pal Bhar Ke Liye from Johny Mera Naam
5. Yeh To Zindagi Hai from Qaid
My Pick of Top 10 Kishore Kumar Solos
It’s a hard choice indeed. Yet I tried to list 10 of my most favourite solos sung by Kishore Kumar, though I excluded many of my top favourites. Please don’t take this list too seriously. It’s my personal choice only.
1. Aanewala Pal from Golmaal
2. Dil Kya Kare from Julie
3. Khilte Hain Gul Yahaan from Sharmeelee
4. Mere Dil Mein Aaj Kya Hai from Daag: A Poem of Love
5. Mere Sapnom Ki Rani from Aradhana
6. O Mere Dil Ka Chein from Mere Jeevan Saathi
7. O Saathi Re from Muqaddar Ka Sikandar
8. Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas from Blackmail
9. Roop Tera Mastana from Aradhana
10. Yeh Shyaam Mastani from Katti Patang
And the list is not ending!!!
I had to exclude many of top Kishore Kumar hits to make a list of his best 50 solo songs. I believe I have done full justification to Kishore da in the selection of songs. Yet the list is not complete without mentioning many of his evergreen hits. So I am listing next 50+ list of songs of Kishore da here which I remember right now, and hope you will love this list as well.
51. Aa Chalke Tujhe from Door Gagan Ki Chhaon Mein
52. Aaye Tum Yaad Mujhe from Mili
53. Aisa Kabhi Hua Nahi from Yeh Wada Raha
54. Bachna Ae Haseeno from Hum Kise Se Kam Nahi
55. Badi Sooni Sooni Hai from Mili
56. Bekarar Dil Tu Gaye Jaa from Door Ki Rahi
57. Bhawre Ki Gunchal from Kal Aaj Aur Kal
59. Choodi Nahi from Gambler
60. Dekha Hai Zindagi Ko Kuchh Itna Kareeb Se from Ek Mahal Ho Sapnon Ka
61. Dekha Na Hai Re Socha from Bombay to Goa
62. Dil Aaj Shayar Hai from Gambler
63. Diye Jalte Hain from Namak Haraam
64. Dream Girl from Dream Girl
65. Dukhi Man Mere from Funtoosh
66. Gaadi Bula Rahi Hai from Dost
67. Geet Gaata Hoon Mein from Lal Pathar
68. Ghunguroo Ki Tarah from Chor Machaya Shor
69. Hawawon Pe Likhdo from Do Dooni Chaar
70. Hum Hai Rahi Pyar Ke from Nau Do Gyarah
71. Jab Chaaha Yaara Tumne from Zabardast
72. Jahan Teri Yeh Nazar Hai from Kaalia
73. Jeevan Se Bhare from Safar
74. Jiska Koi Nahin Uska To Khuda Hai Yaaron from Lawaris
75. Kahan Tak Yeh Man Ko Andhere from Baton Baton Mein
76. Ke Pag Ghumroo from Namak Halaal
77. Kiska Rasta Dekhe from Joshilay
78. Kitne Adal The Tere Iraade from Ek Baar Muskura Do
79. Kitne Bhi Tu Karle Sitam from Sanam Teri Kasam
80. Koi Hoga Jisko Apna from Hum Apna
81. Koi Humdum Na Raha from Jhumroo
82. Koi Roko Na from Priyatama
83. Maana Janab Ne Pukara Nahi from Paying Guest
84. Main Shair Badnaam from Namak Haraam
85. Manzilein Apni Jagah Hain from Sharaabi
86. Mere Samnewali Khidki Mein from Padosan
87. Muskuraataa Huaa Gul Khilata Hua from Lahu Ke Do Rang
88. Nadiya Se Dariya Dariya Se Saagar from Namak Haraam
89. O Manjhi Re from Khushboo
90. Oh Meri Sharmeelee from Sharmeelee
91. Om Shanti Om from Karz
92. Pal Bhar Ke Liye from Johny Mera Naam
93. Raat Kali Ek Khawab Mein from Buddha Mil Gaya
94. Roop Tera Aisa Darpan Mein from Ek Baar Muskura Do
95. Rote Hua from Muqaddar Ka Sikandar
96. Ruk Jaana Nahin from Imtihaan
97. Ruk Jana O Jana from Warrant
98. Samne Yeh Kaun Aaya from Jawani Diwani
99. Tera Jaisa Yaar Kahan from Yaarana
100. Tera Mujhse Hain Pehla from Aa Gale Lag Jaa
101. Teri Duniya Se from Pavitra Papi
102. Vaada Tera Vaada from Dushman
103. Woh Shyam Ajeeb from Khamoshi
104. Yeh Dil Na Hota Bechara from Jewel Thief
105. Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani from Jawani Diwani
106. Yeh Kya Hua from Amar Prem
107. Yeh Lal Rang from Prem Nagar
108. Yeh To Zindagi Hai from Qaid
109. Zaroorat Hai Zaroorat Hai from Man-Mauji
110. Zindagi Pyar Ka Geet from Souten
111. Maana Janab Ne Pukara Nahin from Paying Guest
112. Pyar Maanga Hai Tume Se from College Girl
113. Ek Ritu Aaye from Gautam Govinda
114. Ajnabee Tum Jaane Pehchaane Se Lagte Ho from Hum Sab Ustad Hain
Let me know if I have missed your favourite Kishore da solo in my list.
You can read a few more interesting topics on the legendary singer Kishore Kumar. Here is the page link. Click on the links to read.