Ingredients for Lemon Rice:
1. Raw rice (Pachari) – 2 cups
2. Coconut oil – 4 big spoons
Cumin seeds – a pinch
Curry leaves – 4 stalks
Bengal gram dal – 50g
Groundnut – 50g
Green chillies – 4, chopped thin in round pieces
3. Turmeric powder – A little
4. Lemon juice – From 3 lemons
How to prepare Lemon Rice?
1. Wash 2 cup rice and keep aside for draining excess water.
2. Boil water to cook rice and when it starts boiling, add rice and sufficient salt.
3. When rice is ¾th done, drain excess water and spread to a plate to cool.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add ingredients one by one and sauté well.
5. Add a little turmeric powder and put the flame off quickly.
6. Add this mixture to cooked rice and mix well.
7. Add lemon juice and mix again.
8. When your lemon rice completely cools off, you can pack it and carry for travels.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine July 1-14, 2017
Lemon Rice (Recipe 2)
Ingredients for Lemon Rice (Recipe 2):
1. Basmati rice – 2 cups
2. Oil – 2 big spoons
3. Mustard – ½ small spoon
Urud dal (Black gram dal) – 1 small spoon
Bengal gram dal – 1 small spoon
Cumin seeds – 1 small spoon
Curry leaves – 2 stalks
Asafoetida powder – A pinch
4. Green chillies – 2 or 3, crushed well
Ginger chopped fine – 1 small spoon
Peanuts – ¼ cup
Cashew nuts – ¼ cup
Turmeric powder – ½ small spoon
5. Lemon juice – 4 big spoons
Salt – As needed
6. Coriander leaves – To decorate
How to prepare Lemon Rice (Recipe 2)?
1. Soak rice in water for 10-15 minutes and drain water completely.
2. Boil water in a big container adding sufficient water.
3. Add rice to it, cook it well and drain excess water.
4. Spread it in an open dish & allow it to cool off completely.
5. Heat oil in a pan and fry ingredients no: 3.
6. Add ingredients no: 4 to it and mix well. Put the flame off.
7. Add rice to it and mix well.
8. Add lemon juice and salt, and garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve hot with pappad and pickle.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, April 29 – May 12, 2023
Also read: Lemon Sadam recipe
Click to read a few more rice main course recipes here. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.