Top 100 Evergreen hit songs of Shah Rukh Khan – The King Khan of Bollywood
SRK – the other name of romance on Indian screen. It may take dozens of books to write about the influence of SRK in the romance of Bollywood and Indian cinema, and what the impact he made in the minds of cine goers. Through a series of romantic roles since DDLJ released in 1995, he redefined romance on Indian screen. Shah Rukh Khan owns some of the best romantic songs of Bollywood in the past 25 years, and needless to say, his songs are filled with romance in abundance. These songs have played a significance role in establishing him as the romantic king of Bollywood, and it’s not easy to select 10 or 50 of his best songs. Please visit SRK page.
Vinod Rathod was the first playback voice of Shah Rukh, followed by Kumar Sanu and Udit Narayan. The trio fully dominated SRK songs in the sweetest romantic era of 1990s, while the baton was handed over to Sonu Nigam in the early 2000s. SRK’s mannerisms well synchronized with all these voices, and Abhijeet and Sukhwinder Singh too have given some chartbuster songs for SRK. In the recent times, Arjit Singh’s voice is most used for Shah Rukh, and in all these eras, the romantic voices of these leading playback singers have always suited well for him. Also read: Top 7 playback voices for SRK.
As it’s not an easy task to choose 25 or 50 of best SRK songs, I played safe. That’s why I created a list of 100 of my favourite SRK songs. Still I had to exclude many. As I have created a playlist of 100 best songs of Shah Rukh, I hope most of your choices will match with mine. I have sorted the songs in the alphabetic order of movie titles for a reader to understand, and here it goes.
1. Khamoshiyan from One 2 Ka 4 – This lovely duet featured Shah Rukh Khan and Juhi Chawla, and one of the rarest duets sung by Sonu Nigam and melody queen Lata Mangeshkar. Though the movie released in the year 2001 was a huge flop, songs composed by A. R. Rahman were on top charts. Mehboob penned the lyrics of this romantic song. 2001-2010 was a time period when Sonu Nigam’s voice was regularly associated with King Khan. In fact Sonu Nigam was the ghost voice of SRK’s romantic tracks. Also read: Top 15 songs sung by Sonu Nigam for Shah Rukh Khan.
2. Sona Nahi Na Sahi from One 2 Ka 4 – The movie featured some of the best songs of year 2001. This particular duet featuring Shah Rukh Khan and Juhi Chawla was sung by Udit Narayan and Alka Yagnik, and lyrics penned by Majrooh Sultanpuri. The movie also featured one more beautiful romantic track, Haye Dil Ki Bazi Laga sung by Sonu Nigam and Alka Yagnik, and penned by Mehboob.
3. Badi Mushkil Hai from Anjaam – This particular song was one of the early hits sung by Abhijeet for SRK. Shah Rukh played a negative role in this film, which also featured “Chane Ke Khet Mein” dance song filmed on Madhuri Dixit. Music was composed by Anand-Milind, and lyrics penned by Sameer.
4. Sun Suna Na from Asoka – Though it’s a female solo sung by Alka Yagnik, it remains the most popular song of the album. The song composed by Anu Malik and lyrics penned by Anand Bakshi was filmed on SRK and Kareena Kapoor. It’s the only song penned by Bakshi, while the rest of the tracks were written by Gulzar. The movie included yet another popular solo track in female voice – Raat Ka Nasha sung by Chithra, and its duet version in Abhijeet and Chithra’s voice. But the song was not included in the film. Also read: Top Bollywood songs of Chithra.
5. Roshni Si from Asoka – This sizzling track featured Shah Rukh and Kareena and definitely worth mention in this list. This duet was sung by Abhijeet and Alka Yagnik.
6. Baazigar from Baazigar – SRK and Kajol were teamed up for the first time for Baazigar, and this romantic title track sung by Alka Yagnik and Kumar Sanu is considered as one of the best duets of the duo. Music was composed by Anu Malik, for which he won his first Filmfare award for best music. Indeed Baazigar was the top album of the year, and the movie proved to a milestone of Shah Rukh’s career too. Also read: Top 25 films of SRK’s 25 years of Bollywood journey. The movie was the 4th highest grosser of the year. The title track of the movie was penned by Nawab Arzoo.
7. Yeh Kaali Kaali Aankhein from Baazigar – I would like to include this dance number in the list, as this song was one of my favourite SRK songs during my childhood days when I started admiring him. Definitely all the songs of the album composed by Anu Malik were instant chartbusters, and Baazigar was the top album of the year too. Kumar Sanu earned Filmfare award for best playback singer (male) for this peppy number and Anu Malik too won his maiden trophy. This lovely choreographed song was penned by Dev Kohli. Also read: Top 10 songs featuring Shah Rukh and Kajol.
8. Chupana Bhi from Baazigar – Though SRK didn’t sync lip this song, this evergreen track requires special mention in this list. Sung by Vinod Rathod, the song featured SRK, Kajol and Siddharth Ray, and best belongs to Ray than Khan. Rani Malik’s meaningful lyrics are still popular even 2 decades after its release. Also read: Lead roles & Villain roles played by same actor.
9. Kitabein from Baazigar – This lovely duet was sung by Asha Bhosle & Vinod Rathod, and penned by Zafar Gorakhpuri. The songs were written by a series of lyricists, and many of them are unknown to the industry. Anu Malik’s songs which received a Filmfare award for best composition are still popular. The song featured Shilpa Shetty alongside Shah Rukh, who marked her Bollywood debut in this film. The movie had two duets featuring this pair. Also read: 33 actresses who made their debut in a Khan movie.
10. E Mere Humsafar from Baazigar – This sensuous track featuring Shilpa Shetty alongside Shah Rukh also deserves mention in the list of evergreen hits of Shah Rukh. Gauhar Kanpuri penned the lyrics and the song was sung by Alka Yagnik & Vinod Rathod. Though Shilpa made her film debut with this film, and stayed in Bollywood for more than 15 years, she never got opportunity to work with Khan again. She was featured as one among the actors for the theme song of Om Shanti Om in 2007.
11. Hum to Deewane Hue from Badshah – The movie was only average at box office. But the songs composed by Anu Malik became chartbusters. Abhijeet’s voice was used by Anu Malik for all the tracks featuring SRK, and Alka Yagnik sang this duet with him. Sameer penned the lyrics. Badshah is the only film where Twinkle Khanna shared screen space with Khan. Woh Ladki Jo Sabse Alag Hai – is yet another popular song from the same album. Also read: Actresses who worked with all the three big Khans.
12. Marjani from Billu – The movie featured Khan as a superstar, and he did a cameo role. The movie featured a series of item songs with many lead actresses of Bollywood aside Khan, and this dance number featuring Kareena Kapoor is the top one among all. Deepika Padukone was featured in “Love Mera Hit Hit” and Priyanka Chopra in “You Get Me Rocking & Reeling“. Pritam composed all the songs for the album, and Gulzar penned Marjani lyrics. The duet was sung by Sukhwinder Singh and Sunidhi Chauhan. Khudaya Khair is also a beautiful song featuring Shah Rukh Khan.
13. Chaahat from Chaahat – Shah Rukh shared screen space with Pooja Bhatt for the first and last time in Chaahat, and the movie was a huge flop. Even the success of DDLJ couldn’t make any impact on this film, which got released the following year after DDLJ. Music was composed by Anu Malik and lyrics penned by Nida Fasli. The title track was sung by Vinod Rathod and Alka Yagnik.
14. Chak De from Chak De! India – One of the best songs sung by Sukhwinder Singh for SRK, additional vocals were provided by the composers Salim–Sulaiman and Marianne D’Cruz. Its inspirational lyrics were penned by Jaideep Sahni.
15. Toba from Chalte Chalte – One of the finest duets of Abhijeet and Alka, this romantic song was lovely pictured on its lead pair, Shah Rukh and Rani Mukerji. Javed Akhtar penned the lyrics and Jatin-Lalit composed the song. Alka Yagnik, Javed Akhtar and Jatin Lalit bagged Filmfare nomination too. Javed Akhtar penned all the songs of the film, except “Layi Ve Na Gaye“.
16. Suno Na Suno Na from Chalte Chalte – This solo exclusively belongs to Abhijeet and lovely filmed too. The movie also included a popular solo sung by Sonu Nigam – Gumshuda. Both the songs were composed by Adhesh Srivastav. In fact all the songs composed by Jatin-Lalit and Adhesh Srivastav were extremely popular, for which they earned several nominations including Filmfare. Abhijeet too earned a Filmfare nomination for this song.
17. Is Pyar Se Meri Taraf Na Dekho from Chamatkar – Kumar Sanu and Vinod Rathod used to be the ghost voice of SRK during his early days, and Chamatkar was one among the first releases of SRK. Kumar Sanu & Alka Yagnik sang this beautiful composition penned by Anand Bakshi, and Urmila Matondkar was also featured in this song. Anu Malik composed some of the popular songs like Bichoo, Yeh Pyar Se Meri etc. Yeh Pyar Se Meri is a lovely duet by Kumar Sanu and Asha Bhosle.
18. Titli of Chennai Express – Deepika was paired with Shah Rukh Khan for the second time in Chennai Express and this comedy film was a huge blockbuster. Lovely pictured in the backdrop of south Indian art forms and nature’s beauty, the song was sung by Gopi Sunder, Chinmayi and Srimathumitha, the voices which are not used in Bollywood regularly. Music was composed by Vishal-Shekhar and lyrics penned by Amitabh Bhattacharya.
19. Tu Mere Saamne from Darr – The movie played a significant role in establishing the career of SRK, the songs too became extremely popular. Lata Mangeshkar and Udit Narayan sang this popular duet composed by Shiv-Hari. Anand Bakshi penned the lyrics. The song featured SRK and Juhi.
20. Love You Zindagi from Dear Zindagi – This film and title track belongs to Alia Bhatt. Yet I would like to mention this song from the movie, for which Shah Rukh played a very significant cameo role. Amit Trivedi composed the song, Kausar Munir penned the lyrics and Jasleen Royal rendered her beautiful voice.
21. Aisi Deewanagi from Deewana – The first romantic duet of King Khan’s career, it is a beautiful duet sung by Vinod Rathod and Alka Yagnik. Divya Bharati was featured in the debut song of SRK aside him. Music was given by Nadeem Shravan and the song penned by Sameer. The movie also featured – Koi Na Koi Chahiya, which is credited to be the first song of SRK’s career.
22. Bairi Piya from Devdas – The song marked singing debut of Shreya Ghoshal and gave her the first National award for best playback singer. The song featuring SRK and Aishwarya had a male voice of Udit Narayan as well, though those sequences were edited off in the final cut of the film. One of the finest tracks of Ismail Darbar, most of the songs were penned by Nusrat Badr including Bairi Piya. Also read: Top songs of Sanjay Leela Bhansali films.
23. Woh Chand Jaisi Ladki from Devdas – Udit Narayan bagged several awards and nominations for this song. He bagged Screen Award Best Male Playback beating Sonu Nigam for Saathiya, the no: 1 song of the year. Hamesha Tumko Chaha is yet another popular song from the movie.
24. Dil Se Re from Dil Se – A. R. Rahman was the main vocalist of this chartbuster song featuring Shah Rukh Khan and Manisha Koirala. Dil Se is the first Bollywood track which proved Rahman’s versatility to be a good singer also. A. R. Rahman bagged a Filmfare award for its compositions. Gulzar penned the lovely lyrics, and the song was beautifully shot too.
25. Chayya Chayya from Dil Se – As far as I know it’s Sukhwinder Singh’s first association with A. R. Rahman, and the song was a huge chartbuster of 1998. Beautiful choreography by Farah Khan, and lovely steps by Shah Rukh Khan and Mallika Arora on the top of a moving train were the major highlights of this song. Sukhwinder Singh sang this duet with Sapna Awasti and he received his first Filmfare award for this song. In fact he was a less known singer in Bollywood till then and Rahman gave him the big break he truly deserved. Gulzar’s lyrics too were extremely popular and earned him a Filmfare award for this particular song.
26. Jiya Jale from Dil Se – Jiya Jale is the first song recorded by Lata Mangeshkar for Rahman and also the first song of Preity Zinta’s film career. The picturization in traditional Kerala style was the highlight of the song, and Malayalam lyrics were also included. Preity Zinta and Shah Rukh looked nice in traditional Kerala dress. Kerala martial art forms were also used for the song. The idea was fresh and clicked among music lovers. Malayalam lyrics were provided by Gireesh Puthenchery and sung by M. G. Sreekumar. Also read: 25+ South Indian playback singers who earned fame in Bollywood.
27. Tu Hi Tu Satrangi Re from Dil Se – It’s the most difficult track composed by Rahman for the album, and Sonu Nigam gave new life to the Satrangi song pictured on Shah Rukh Khan and Manisha Koirala. The song gave seven flavours and stages of love, and Sonu sang in different pitches for this wonderful song of the movie. I doubt if any other song of this genre has earlier been sung by someone in Bollywood. Kavitha Krishnamurty provided the back vocals. Rahman received his second Filmfare awards for Dil Se, and wide critical acclaim.
28. E Ajnabi from Dil Se – This haunting melody was sung by Udit Narayan and the back vocals were provided by Mahalakshmi Iyer. This particular song is so special to many melody lovers. The song featured the lead pair.
29. Dil To Pagal Hai from Dil To Pagal Hai – Definitely one of the biggest musical hits of SRK in his film journey, I am quite confused which songs should be excluded from this list. There is not even a single track in this album. Finally I chose best 4 of my choices. Uttam Singh marked his debut as an independent music director through Dil To Pagal Hai, which earned him praises and accolades including Filmfare best music director award. Though he composed songs for a few more movies, Dil To Pagal Hai still remains his masterpiece work. He worked as an associate director in Bollywood and Tamil films earlier. Dil To Pagal Hai track was sung by Lata Mangeshkar & Udit Narayan.
30. Koi Ladki Hai from Dil To Pagal Hai – This rain song featured all the three lead actors of this love triangle, and the dance sequences by Shiamak Davar too became extremely popular. Shiamak Davar established as a leading choreographer of the industry with Dil To Pagal Hai and earned National Film Award for his work too. Lata Mangeshkar & Udit Narayan sang most of the songs of the film, and this one too. Also read: Top rain songs of Bollywood.
31. Are Re Are from Dil To Pagal Hai – It’s my most favourite song from the album, and it still looks fresh after 20 years. Lata Mangeshkar & Udit Narayan lend their voices, and Anand Bakshi penned the lyrics.
32. Bholi Si Soorat from Dil To Pagal Hai – How lovely its lyrics are, and how beautifully Lata Mangeshkar and Udit Narayan sang this song! The song featured Shah Rukh Khan and Karishma Kapoor. The movie also included some of the popular songs of 1990s like Le Gayi, Ek Duje Ke Vaste, Dolna and Pyar Kar.
33. Gerua from Dilwale – When SRK and Kajol united after 5 years, everyone expected magic to be recreated on silver screen. But it never happened. However the songs – Gerua and Janam Janam definitely met the expectations of their fans. Pritam composed this lovely filmed song written by Amitabh Bhattacharya. The duo did the entire album too. It’s one of the expensive pictured songs too. No doubt, the song is so amazing and unique to watch on screen. This duet was sung by Arijit Singh and Antara Mitra.
34. Janam Janam from Dilwale – Arijit Singh and Antara Mitra did the playback of the two most popular track – Janam Janam and Gerua. The song featuring the glorious pair of Bollywood screen is indeed fabulous. Also read: Dilwale – The worst of SRK-Kajol movies.
35. Tujhe Dekha To Yeh from Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge – The song played a magnificent role in establishing Shah Rukh as the romantic hero of Bollywood. This top romantic song was composed by Jatin Lalit and penned by Anand Bakshi. The beautiful mustard fields added an everlasting flavour to this evergreen song, and SRK’s iconic romantic posture was also seen in this song. Also read: DDLJ – 17 Unknown facts.
36. Na Jaane Mere from Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge – DDLJ’s music is regarded as the career best of Jatin-Lalit duo, though they couldn’t win Filmfare awards. The song was sung by Lata Mangeshkar and Kumar Sanu. The songs also played a pivot role in making this romantic film such a huge hit. All the songs still look fresh and will always stay in the minds of melody lovers.
37. Mehndi Laga Ke Rekhna from Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge – Yet another popular song featuring Shah Rukh and Kajol, this wedding song is played at almost every wedding of North India. Udit Narayan sang this duet aside Lata, and over the years the popularity of this song only grew stronger.
38. Aaj Ki Raat of Don – The remake of Amitabh Bachchan’s blockbuster Don starred Shah Rukh as lead protagonist/antagonist. Dance number – Aaj Ki Raat was the highlight of the music album. The soundtrack was composed by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, with lyrics written by Javed Akhtar. Alisha Chinai, Mahalaxmi Iyer and Sonu Nigam sang this chartbuster song. Also read: Interesting facts behind Amitabh Bachchan’s Don.
39. Yeh Mera Dil from Don – The movie is the official remake of Amitabh Bachchan’s Don with an altered climax. A couple of songs – Yeh Mera Dil and Pan Banaraswala were reused for the remake as well. Originally sung by Helen featuring Big B and Helen, the new version of this item song featured Kareena Kapoor and SRK. The song was sung by Sunidhi Chauhan, and Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy recreated this chartbuster. Kalyanji Anandji composed the song and was originally sung by Asha Bhosle, who bagged her final Filmfare award for best playback singer, after which she announced not to take any more awards. Indeevar penned the lyrics.
40. Kathai Aankhom from Duplicate – The film is one of the biggest flops of his career, after Shah Rukh established as a leading star. But the songs composed by Jatin-Lalit were well received by music lovers. All the songs were composed by Anu Malik, with lyrics penned by Javed Akhtar, and the song featured Shah Rukh Khan and Juhi Chawla. Kumar Sanu sang this solo. The movie included one more popular track featuring the same pair – “Ek Shararat Hone Ko Hai”.
41. Mere Mehboob from Duplicate – It’s the most popular song of the album, and featured its lead stars – Shah Rukh, Sonali Bendre and Juhi Chawla. The song became extremely popular for the lovely lyrics penned by Javed Akhtar.
42. Manwa Laage of Happy New Year – Deepika worked with Shah Rukh Khan in three movies, and all were major hits at box office with some nice romantic songs. Though she performed in the item song, Lovely sung by Kanika Kapoor, my pick would the romantic track sung by Arijit Singh and Shreya Ghoshal. Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika together performed for an item song – Love Mera Hit Hit for the movie Billu.
43. Hum Tumhare Hai from Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam – The movie starred Shah Rukh and Salman aside Madhuri Dixit and took around 8 years in making. The songs were composed by different composers and the title track was composed by Nikhil-Vinay. Sameer penned the lyrics. This duet was sung by Anuradha Paudwal and Udit Narayan, and featured King Khan and Madhuri Dixit.
44. Sab Kuchh Bhula Diya of Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam – The song had two versions. The sad version was a solo sung by Sonu, while the other one – a popular duet with Sapna Awasti. Bali Brahmabhatt composed this track, and lyrics were penned by Kartik Avasthi.
45. Mein Bani Teri Radha from Jab Harry Met Sejal – The latest release of SRK, every viewer would be eager to know which song would I include in this list. Though this song sung by Sunidhi Chauhan and Shahid Mallya is not my favourite, I would like to include this song owing to its popularity. Pritam composed this song, and lyrics penned by Irshad Kamil. Anushka Sharma was featured in the song aside SRK, and they together form a lovely pair indeed. In fact I need to tell, in terms of quality, SRK songs have depreciated a lot and melody in somewhere missing in the past few years.
46. Hawayein from Jab Harry Met Sejal – This song is definitely my favourite. Featuring Anushka Sharma and Shah Rukh, the song was composed by Pritam and lyrics penned by Irshad Kamil. Nowadays Arjit Singh’s voice is frequently used for SRK and youngsters love it a lot. “Beech Beech Mein” is yet another popular song from the same album.
47. Ishq Shava from Jab Tak Hai Jaan – The song is best remembered for its fast beats by Rahman and lovely dance steps by Katrina Kaif and Shah Rukh Khan. Gulzar penned the lyrics and the voices were rendered by Raghav Mathur and Shilpa Rao.
48. Jiya Jiya Re from Jab Tak Hai Jaan – The song used Neeti Mohan’s voice and Anushka Sharma and Shah Rukh Khan were featured in this song. Once released, the album topped Top 10 World Albums chart on iTunes. It was only the third Indian album after Ethiran and Rockstar to reach this feat. Quite co-incidence all these three albums belong to Rahman. Like many works done before, Rahman used many fresh and less heard voices for this album. The song gave big break to Neeti Mohan in Bollywood, who used to be a regular performer of Rahman concerts.
49. Saas from Jab Tak Hai Jaan – One of the top albums of the year 2012, all the songs were instant chartbusters. Shreya’s voice was used for its duet and reprised versions and she received a Filmfare nomination for the same. Mohit Chauhan is the male voice, and the song featured Katrina Kaif and Shah Rukh Khan. Challa and Heer are other popular songs which couldn’t find place in this list.
50. Apun Bola from Josh – The song is best remembered for the singing debut of SRK. Though Shah Rukh has given the most popular romantic songs since early 1990s, he has never attempted singing except for Josh. The song was in fact taken as different bits and later joined together by Anu Malik. Hema Sardesai sang this duet with him. Aishwarya Rai and Priya Gill were seen in this song filmed in a comic style. Also read: Big Khans as playback singers.
51. Tumhi Dekho Na of Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna – This super romantic song pictured on Shah Rukh and Rani was extremely popular for its splendid locations and beautiful saris of Rani Mukerji. All the songs of the movie were chartbusters. The movie included some peppy numbers like Rock ‘N’ Roll Soniye and Where’s The Party Tonight? Music was composed by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy and lyrics of all its songs were penned by Javed Akhtar. Since ‘Yeh dil’ song of Pardes, Sonu Nigam’s voice has been repeatedly used for Shah Rukh Khan, and no doubt SRK looks young in the romantic songs sung by Sonu Nigam, and Tumhi Dekho Na is one such.
52. Mitwa from Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna – All the songs from the film composed by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy were instant chartbusters, and this lovely song featuring SRK and RaniMukerji was sung by Shafqat Amanat Ali. Caralisa Monteiro and Shankar Mahadevan provided the back vocals. Javed Akhtar penned the lyrics. The movie bagged Filmfare award for best music composition.
53. Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna from Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna – The song bagged Filmfare award for best music, best lyrics, best male playback and female playback, which is indeed a very rare and unique achievement. Sonu Nigam and Alka Yagnik sang this lovely duet featuring Rani Mukerji and Shah Rukh. All the songs were extremely popular, and I would like to mention – Rock N Roll and Where’s The Party Tonight? in this list.
54. E Kash Ke Hum from Kabhi Ha Kabhi Na – Kundan Shah’s cult classic comedy was one of the biggest movies of SRK’s first phase of Bollywood career. Whenever the list of SRK songs are made, this song definitely find place in it. Shah Rukh won his first Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor for his role as Sunil in this film. Jatin-Lalit composed the music and Majrooh Sultanpuri penned the lyrics. Song featured Suchitra Krishnamurthy too. Also read: 25 years, 25 films of SRK.
55. Suraj Hua Maddham from Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum – Throughout the decade of 2000s, Sonu Nigam served as the ghost voice of King Khan and this highly romantic track can never miss our list. Throughout 1990s and early 2000s of Kajol’s career, Alka Yagnik remained her ghost voice and this duet voice sung by Sonu Nigam and Alka Yagnik is still loved by music fans after 15 years of its release. K3G was the first film of SRK-Kajol pair after she returned to Bollywood. She took a break following her marriage, and worked with Devgan in a single movie before the release of K3G.
56. Bole Chudiyaan from Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum – This song is the USP of the film, as it featured all its lead stars in a single frame in a song sequence. Jatin Lalit composed the song, Sameer penned the lyrics and Kavita K. Subramaniam, Alka Yagnik, Sonu Nigam, Udit Narayan and Amit Kumar rendered their voices.
57. Title track from Kal Ho Na Ho – No doubt, it’s the best song in Shah Rukh-Sonu Nigam combination, and perhaps the career best of Sonu Nigam too, as a playback singer. The song is so powerful to bring tears to one’s eyes. Sonu Nigam won several popular awards including Filmfare award and National award for this heart-touching melody. Music was composed by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy who also won National award for best music. Lyrics were penned by Javed Akhtar and song featured Preity Zinta aside King Khan.
58. Pretty Woman from Kal Ho Na Ho – The song “Pretty Woman” by Roy Orbison was licensed and used in the film. When copycats are ruling the charts, Pretty Woman is just an exceptional one. Featuring Shah Rukh and Preity, the song was sung by Shankar Mahadevan and Ila Arun.
59. Maahi Ve from Kal Ho Na Ho – The dance number featuring King Khan, Saif Ali Khan and Preity Zinta, was sung by Udit Narayan, Sonu Nigam, Sadhana Sargam, Shankar Mahadevan and Madhushree. Rani Mukerji made a guest appearance in this song, and very soon she was casted opposite Saif Ali Khan’s for his first solo hit – Hum Tum.
60. It’s The Time To Disco from Kal Ho Na Ho – This lovely disco track used to be played in parties and functions. It was a huge chartbuster and pictured Farah Khan’s unique dance steps of Shah Rukh, Saif and Preity. KK, Shaan, Vasundhara Das and Loy Mendonsa sang this fun club track.
61. Jaati Hoon Mein from Karan Arjun – This sizzling hot song shot in a horse stable was a duet sung by Kumar Sanu and Alka Yagnik, and composed by Rajesh Roshan, who received Filmfare nomination for best music. The song was penned by Indeevar. This particular melody in the mid-1990s can never miss our list.
62. Ghungate Mein Chanda Hai from Koyla – This dance sequence featured Shah Rukh Khan and Amrish Puri. Rajesh Roshan composed the song, Indeevar penned the lyrics for all its songs and this solo track was sung by Udit Narayan.
63. Dekha Tujhe To from Koyla – The most popular romantic track from the album sung by Alka Yagnik and Kumar Sanu, the song featured its lead pair – Shah Rukh and Madhuri. Though the movie was not a huge hit, the songs got noticed.
64. Tanhai from Koyla – The duet was sung by Alka Yagnik and Udit Narayan, and deserves mention in this list. The song featured its lead pair – Shah Rukh and Madhuri.
65. Tum Paas Aaye from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai –Jatin-Lalit composed many beautiful tracks in the 1990s, featuring Kajol and King Khan, and the title track definitely will make to ‘Top 10’ list! Rani Mukerji is also seen in this song sequence of the love triangle. The song was sung by Alka Yagnik and Udit Narayan, and Alka Yagnik received National award for best playback singer (female) for this song. The song was penned by Sameer.
66. Koi Mil Gaya from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai – The movie featured two songs with the lead three actors, and this friendship song sung by Udit Narayan, Alka Yagnik and Kavita Krishnamurty is really lovely.
67. Ladki Badi Anjaani Hai from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai – The movie included some of the best tracks of the decade. This particular song featuring Shah Rukh and Kajol was sung by Kumar Sanu and Alka Yagnik. Music was composed by Jatin-Lalit and lyrics penned by Sameer.
68. Title track of Mein Hoon Naa – The most lovely song of the album, the track is still popular even after a decade of its release. Mein Hoon Naa is one of the finest works of Anu Malik. The duet was sung by Sonu Nigam and Shreya Ghoshal, and lyrics penned by Javed Akhtar. All the songs written by Akhtar were indeed popular.
69. Tumse Milke Dil Ka of Mein Hoon Naa – Though this song belongs to SRK, this particular dance number also featured Sushmita Sen, Amrita Rao and Zayed Khan, and one of the wonderful tracks of the movie. It’s definitely one of the best songs sung by Sonu Nigam, and one of the best works of Anu Malik who received his second Filmfare award for the movie. Anu Malik, well known for using tabla for his orchestra of music compositions, gave an entirely new look to this peppy number. Sonu Nigam too received many nominations for this song. Lyrics were penned by Javed Akhtar.
70. Tumhe Jo Meine from Mein Hoon Naa – Sushmita Sen worked with Shah Rukh Khan for the first time in Mein Hoon Naa, and the movie which marked the directorial debut of Farah Khan was an instant hit. Sushmita appeared in very colourful and lovely sarees in the movie throughout, and this romantic track was beautifully filmed on King Khan and Bollywood diva. The duet was sung by Abhijeet Bhattacharya and Shreya Ghoshal.
71. Humko Hamein Se from Mohabbatein – All-time popular duet featuring Aishwarya Rai and Shah Rukh, the song was sung by Lata Mangeshkar & Udit Narayan. Though the movie was a big hit its music received only average reviews. But this particular composition of Jatin Lalit was just exceptional, and the music was a huge hit, especially for this duet track. Lyrics were penned by Anand Bakshi.
72. Aankhein Khuli Ho from Mohabbatein – This party number featured all its lead artists. The movie marked the successful debut of many Bollywood actors like Uday Chopra and Shamita Shetty. The song was sung by Lata Mangeshkar, Udit Narayan, Shweta Pandit, Sonali Bhatawdekar, Pritha Mazumdar, Udhbav, Manohar Shetty and Ishaan.
73. Sajda from My Name is Khan – The movie included some of the best songs of the year 2010, and I would like to include this special song sung by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Shankar Mahadevan and Richa Sharma. Music was composed by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy. “Noor-E-Khuda” and “Tere Naina” are other popular songs of the album which consisted of only background songs throughout. The lyrics were penned by Niranjan Iyengar.
74. Aankhon Mein Kahi from Om Shanti Om – This lovely track featuring Shah Rukh and Deepika was sung by KK. The film’s songs were composed by the musical duo Vishal-Shekhar with lyrics by Javed Akhtar.
75. Mein Agar Kahoon from Om Shanti Om – The movie marked acting debut of Deepika Padukone and she shared screen space with King Khan. This melodious and highly romantic track was sung with perfection by Sonu Nigam and Shreya Ghoshal. Read the top 20 duets of this amazing duo known for melody songs.
76. Jag Soona from Om Shanti Om – This sad song featuring Khan was sung by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Richa Sharma. It is one of the early hits of Rahet in Bollywood.
77. Meri Mehbooba from Pardes – Pardes was one of the top music albums of year 1997 and Nadeem-Shravan’s career. The song was sung by Kumar Sanu and Alka Yagnik, and Alka received her third Filmfare award for this song. It’s the only track of Alka in this album. The song featured SRK and Mahima Chaudhry and lyrics can be credited to Anand Bakshi.
78. Do Dil from Pardes – The song gave Kumar Sanu a Filmfare nomination, and regarded among his career bests. This song was a huge chartbuster of the year too.
79. Yeh Dil Deewana of Pardes – I think it’s the first song of this magic combination. Definitely it’s their first song which gained attention, and marked a successful beginning of the combination in the year 1997. Sonu Nigam took great effort to sing this song. Known for his low pitch voice, Sonu sang this sad song in high pitch voice. Though this song pictured on Shah Rukh Khan got noticed, Pardes is best known for Kumar Sanu’s romantic songs. Sonu also quoted in interviews that he didn’t get enough attention comparing his efforts behind the song. Music was composed by Nadeem-Shravan, and lyrics are credited to Anand Bakshi.
80. Banke Tera Jogi from Phir Phi Dil Hai Hindustani – The dance number – Banke Tera Jogi was the single track of the film where Sonu Nigam’s voice was used. Shah Rukh and Juhi Chawla danced amazing for this peppy number sung by Sonu Nigam and Alka Yagnik. Music was composed by Jatin-Lalit. All lyrics were written by Javed Akhtar.
81. Aur Kya from Phir Phi Dil Hai Hindustani – Though the movie produced by Shah Rukh and Juhi was a huge flop, its songs were instant chartbusters. This duet was sung by Abhijeet and Alka. I am the best, Kuch To Bata and the title track too were popular.
82. Chammak Chalo from Ra One – It’s one of the finest choreographed songs of Kareena’s career. After the huge success of this dance number, Kareena was featured in a series of dance numbers. The song was sung by Akon and Hamsika Iyer and featured Shah Rukh Khan and Kareena. Kareena looks extremely gorgeous in the red saree, and she well-synchronized with the moves of SRK for this foot tapping number. The song was penned by Vishal Dadlani & Niranjan Iyengar and composed by Vishal–Shekhar. The song bagged Filmfare nomination in best music, best male playback and best lyrics – indeed a unique achievement. Also read: Top item songs of Kareena.
83. Dildara from Ra.One – The song penned by Kumaar was sung by Shafqat Amanat Ali, Vishal Dadlani, Shekhar Ravjiani and Clinton Cerejo. The song featured Shah Rukh Khan and Kareena. The movie included one more favourite song of mine, “Bhare Naina“. As this song exclusively belongs to Kareena, I excluded this song from the list.
84. Tujh Mein from Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi – The soundtrack of Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi was composed by Salim-Sulaiman and lyrics were penned by Jaideep Sahni. Roop Kumar Rathod and Shreya Ghoshal sang this duet version. Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi is inspired from this Bollywood classic. Read more.
85. Dance Pe Chance from Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi – The song became so popular that Serbian pop singer Jelena Karleusa remade this song as “Insomnia” in 2010. Bulgarian pop singer Ivana also used this tune for her song, “Nedei“. Sunidhi Chauhan and Labh Janjua did playback singing for this lovely song starring Shah Rukh and Anushka.
86. Zaalima from Raees – Zaalima song is my pick from Shah Rukh’s 2017 release, Raees. Arijit Singh and Harshdeep Kaur sang this romantic tune composed by JAM8. Amitabh Bhattacharya penned the lyrics.
87. Seene Mein Dil Hai from Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman – One among the early releases of Khan, and his first film aside Juhi Chawla, the movie was a box office hit too. Jatin Lalit composed the entire album and Madan Pal penned the lyrics. Kumar Sanu and Alka Yagnik sang this duet.
88. Sardi Khaasi Na Malaria from Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman – Loveria song became extremely popular once it got released. Mahendra Dehlvi penned the lyrics and the song was sung by Kumar Sanu, Jolly Mukherjee and Alka Yagnik. Nana Patekar, Shah Rukh and Juhi Chawla were featured in this song.
89. Kehte Hai Log Mujhe from Ram Jaane – The movie starring SRK, Vivek Mushran and Juhi Chawla was a flop. But the title track sung by Udit Narayan, Sonu Nigam and Alka Yagnik got noticed. The song also had a solo version sung by Udit Narayan. The music is composed by Anu Malik and the songs were written by Anand Bakshi.
90. Ishq Kamina of Shakti: The Power – Shakti: The Power is the single movie for which Shah Rukh and Aishwarya shared screen space for a cameo role, and the item song – Ishq Kamina was a huge chartbuster then. Alka Yagnik sang this duet aside Sonu Nigam. Ismail Darbar composed the song and lyrics are credited to Sameer.
91. Yu Hi Chala Rahi from Swades – This road song featured Makarand Deshpande as a Fakir, and SRK was seen in a free avatar. Udit Narayan is the main singer of this music album and this particular track was sung by him. Additional vocals were provided by Kailash Kher and Hariharan. Rahman and Javed Akhtar worked behind the compositions.
92. Suno Zara from Swades – Though the movie met with critics’ appreciation, it failed at box office. However its compositions by Rahman were well received. Soft melody was given preference and it’s well shown in songs such as Sawariya and Suno Zara. This duet was sung by Alka Yagnik and Udit Narayan. Udit rendered his voice for all tracks featuring Shah Rukh. All lyrics were written by Javed Akhtar who regularly worked with Rahman for several elite projects.
93. Do Pal Ruka from Veer Zaara – A lovely and melodious song composed by Late Madan Mohan, the song was used for the film almost three decades after his demise. The untouched songs of the late composer were revised by his son Sanjeev Kohli, and used for the film. Do Pal Ruka is one of the rarest duets of Sonu Nigam and Lata Mangeshkar combination, and was pictured on Shah Rukh and Preity Zinta. Javed Akhtar wrote all the songs for the album.
94. Jaanam Dekhlo from Veer Zaara – My most favourite song in the album with Udit Narayan’s wonderful voice. The song was lovely filmed on Shah Rukh and Preity.
95. Tere Liye from Veer Zaara – In fact all the songs of the movie are melodious, and I would like to add three songs from Veer Zara to my list of favourites. A walk from youth to old age and reverse direction, this song was also noticed for its unique picturization. The top song of the album, the song was sung by Lata Mangeshkar and Roop Kumar Rathod. As per reports, Mangeshkar’s eyes were filled with tears at recording studio when she got opportunity to record Madan Mohan tunes, almost three decades after his demise. Madan Mohan and Lata Mangeshkar shared a unique sibling relationship, and some evergreen classic hits. Read more.
96. Ek Din Aap Yu from Yes Boss – This evergreen romantic track was shown during the rolling titles. All the songs composed by Jatin Lalit became extremely popular, and this romantic duet of Kumar Sanu and Alka Yagnik is timeless. Javed Akhtar penned all the songs for the movie, and the movie is still known for its wonderful lyrics and tunes. The Mukda of the song is definitely inspired from Talat Mahmood’s version of “Shaam-E-Gham Ki Kasam” from 1953 movie, Footpath. One of my friends noticed this similarity and told the same. I should give him the credit.
97. Mein Koi Aisa Geet from Yes Boss – The movie proved to be a milestone in playback singer Abhijeet’s career, whose voice was frequently experimented by music composers for SRK throughout 1990s and early 2000s. Throughout his career, Abhijeet received a single Filmfare award for best playback singer, and he got it for Mein Koi Aisa Geet. The song was filmed in a funny mood on its lead stars – King Khan and Juhi Chawla.
98. Chand Tare from Yes Boss – This song featuring Shah Rukh was sung by Abhijeet and definitely deserves mention in this list.
99. Mein Agar Pyar Karoongi from Zamana Deewana – The movie released in 1995 was a huge flop. But a couple of songs got noticed. Nadeem-Shravan composed the film’s music, and was sung by the lead pair of 1990s – Kumar Sanu and Alka Yagnik. Lyrics for all songs were penned by Sameer. The song featured SRK and Raveena Tandon.
100. Tujhse Poochoo Ek Sawal from Zamana Deewana – Yet another romantic duet sung by Kumar Sanu and Alka Yagnik, I would like to conclude this lengthy list with this romantic song. Though Raveena remained a top actress of 1990s and regularly worked with big three Khans of Bollywood, she couldn’t register any hit with Aamir or Shah Rukh.
101. Mera Naam Tu from Zero – You might be wondering how 101th song found a space in this list. The original list was completed in 2017 and that’s why my most favourite Hindi song of 2018 couldn’t feature in the list. It’s after a long time, a romantic song of SRK touched my heart this much and I am indeed happy to see him in this romantic avatar. The song was lovely and colorfully filmed just like a Holi song. Anushka is wonderful, SRK is magic with his lovely dance steps and so are its artists – Abhay Jodhpurkar (singer), Irshad Kamil (lyricist) and Atul-Ajay (composers). I could found some shades of melodious ‘Sapna Jahan‘ song of Brothers of the same composer duo, which itself lifted a segment of ‘Yeh Dil Sun Raha Hai‘ of 1996 film, Khamoshi: The Musical. I also got glimpses of SPB’s voice in Abhay Jodhpurkar and 1980s/1990s Tamil tunes of Illayaraja somewhere, which made me listen this song over and over without any break. The revived sad version of the song ‘Tanha Hua’ also worth mentioning.
My choice for Top 25 songs of Shah Rukh Khan
Before I conclude I would like to list 20 of my most favourite SRK songs. It’s only a rough list, where I had to exclude many of my top favourite songs like It’s The Time To Disco, Tujhe Dekha To, Mein Agar Pyar Karoongi and many more. Similar to the list above, I have sorted them based on the alphabetic order of film titles. And here it goes…..
1. Khamoshiyan from 1 2 Ka 4
2. Sun Suna Na from Asoka
3. Baazigar from Baazigar
4. Chupana Bhi from Baazigar
5. Na Jaane Mere from Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge
6. Are Re Are from Dil To Pagal Hai
7. Dil To Pagal Hai from Dil To Pagal Hai
8. Koi Ladki Hai from Dil To Pagal Hai
9. Chayya Chayya from Dil Se
10. E Ajnabi from Dil Se
11. Satrangi Re from Dil Se
12. Jiya Jiya from Jab Tak Hai Jaan
13. Suraj Hua Maddham from Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum
14. Kal Ho Na Ho from Kal Ho Na Ho
15. Jaati Hoon Mein from Karan Arjun
16. Dekha Tujhe To from Koyla
17. Tum Paas Aaye from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
18. Mein Hoo Naa from Mein Hoon Naa
19. Tumse Milke from Mein Hoon Naa
20. Mein Agar Kahoo from Om Shanti Om
21. Do Dil from Pardes
22. Meri Mehbooba from Pardes
23. Suno Zara from Swades
24. Jaanam Dekhlo from Veer Zaara
25. Ek Din Aap Yu from Yes Boss
26. Mera Naam Tu from Zero (updating in 2018)
You can read a few more SRK articles here. Here is the page link. Just click on the links
Sri is the best.
• Hey, after completing the entire article, I just loved the way the writer did justice to all the topics or points that had to be covered in this post. These days I come across too many posts where there is no link between the headline and the body of the content. But in your post, I loved the way you connected each topic with the other. I am Tweeting this post as I simply find it useful and shareworthy!
Thank you for ur positive words…. Once again