Special Egg Bajji (Special Mutta Bajji)
Ingredients for Special Egg Bajji (Special Mutta Bajji):
1. Gram flour (Besan) – ½ cup
Rice flour – A small spoon
2. Water – As needed
3. Vanaspati melted – 1 small spoon
4. Shallots chopped fine – 4 small spoons
Green chillies chopped fine – 4 small spoons
Ginger chopped fine – 1 small spoon
Curry leaves chopped fine – 2 small spoons
Fennel seeds powdered – ½ small spoon
Dry coriander seeds – 1 small spoon
Baking soda – A pinch
Salt – For taste
5. Boiled eggs cut into pieces – 2 cups
6. Oil – For frying
How to prepare Special Egg Bajji (Special Mutta Bajji)?
1. Strain rice flour and gram flour together, without forming lumps.
2. Add water and prepare thick batter.
3. Mix Vanaspati to it, followed by ingredients no: 4.
4. Add egg pieces and stir gently so that eggs get a thin coat. Egg pieces should not be broken.
5. Heat oil in a pan.
6. Using a spoon, put egg pieces in hot oil and fry them till they turn crispy.
7. Serve hot with sauce.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine May 14-27, 2022
Also read a few more egg snack recipes. Click on the images in the gallery to read.