Soya Bean Cutlet With Sauce
Ingredients for Soya Bean Cutlet:
1. Soya bean chunks – 1 cup
2. Salt and turmeric powder – As required
3. Oil – 4 big spoons
4. Ginger chopped fine – ¼ small spoon
Garlic chopped fine – ¼ small spoon
5. Onions chopped fine – ¼ cup
Green chillies chopped fine – ¼ small spoon
6. Garam masala powder – A pinch
Chilli powder – 1 small spoon
Coriander powder – 1/2 small spoon
7. Boiled potatoes smashed – ½ cup
8. Salt and pepper powder – For taste
9. Maida, bread crumbs – As required
Yellow yolk – From 1 egg
10. Oil – For frying
11. Tomato, cherry tomato – 6 each
12. Oil – A little
13. Garlic chopped fine – 1/2 small spoon
14. Onion chopped fine – 1 small spoon
15. Basil leaf – 2
How to prepare Soya Bean Cutlet?
1. Wash soya bean and soak in water for 1 hour.
2. Boil water adding salt and turmeric powder and cook soya beans.
3. When it cools, remove water content completely and smash well.
4. Heat oil in a pan and sauté ginger and garlic.
5. When garlic turns golden brown, add onions and green chillies and sauté again.
6. Add masala powders and fry the contents till raw smell goes out.
7. Add smashed potatoes and soya chunks.
8. Add sufficient salt and pepper too, mix well and put off the flame.
9. When it cools, make small balls from this mixture.
10. Flatten each one and shape them into cutlets.
11. Dip each piece in maida, followed by egg yolk and bread crumbs.
12. Each cutlet should get a fine coat of bread crumbs.
13. Heat oil and deep fry the cutlets.
14. Serve your hot culets with any sauce of your choice.
15. To prepare special tomato sauce, dip red tomatoes in boiling water for 1 minute.
16. Dip them in cold water, peel off the skin and cut into small pieces.
17. Heat oil in a pan and sauté garlic till it turns golden brown.
18. Add chopped onions and tomato pieces and cook till it is done.
19. Cut cherry tomatoes into two and add to tomato mixture.
20. Add basil leaves, mix the sauce well and put off the flame.
21. Serve this sauce with hot cutlets.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, April 1-14, 2010
Read a few more cutlet, tikki and patties recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.