Ingredients for Palak Paratha (Recipe 1):
1. Palak spinach -2 bundles
2. Wheat powder – 250 gms
3. Salt – As required
Green chillies – 3, finely chopped
Fried coriander powder – 1 small spoon
Ajwain – ½ small spoon
Garam masala powder – 1 pinch
4. Oil – For frying
How to prepare Palak Paratha (Recipe 1)?
1. Pluck leaves from the stem of palak and cut into small pieces.
2. Add a little water to palak leaves and cook well.
3. Once the contents get cooled, grind well using a mixer.
4. Take wheat powder in a big bowl, add ingredients no: 3 to it and mix well.
5. Add palak paste to it and prepare chapati dough.
6. Allow it to rest for 45 minutes.
7. Make 5 or 6 balls out of it and spread them similar to chapattis.
8. Then fold them to square or triangle shapes and spread again.
9. Heat oil in a pan and cook each paratha. Flip both sides to fry well.
10. Serve with dates or mint chutney.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine July 15-31, 2017
Palak Paratha (Recipe 2)
Ingredients for Palak Paratha (Recipe 2):
1. Palak – 1 bundle
2. Wheat flour – 2 cups
Oil – 3 big spoons
Cumin seeds – ½ small spoon
Ginger paste – 1 small spoon
Chilli paste – 1 small spoon
Salt – As needed
3. Oil – As required
How to prepare Palak Paratha (Recipe 2)?
1. Clean palak, blend well in a mixer and extract juice.
2. Mix ingredients no: 2 with palak juice and prepare the dough.
3. Allow it to rest for ½ an hour.
4. Divide the dough into 10-12 balls.
5. Spread a little flour on the rolling board, and spread each ball into flat discs.
6. Spread a little oil on the parathas and fold once.
7. Spread oil again and fold again.
8. Spread them using rolling pin into triangular shapes.
9. Heat a tawa, apply oil and put parathas one by one.
10. Flip both sides and cook till brown spots appear on surface.
11. Serve hot.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine August 15-31, 2019
A few more Roti & Paratha recipes for you. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.