Ingredients for Tart Base:
1. Maida – 500 gm
Butter – 250 gm
Egg – 1
Sugar powdered – 1 small spoon
Salt – A pinch
How to prepare Tart Base?
1. Preheat oven in 180 degree celsious.
2. Take a bowl and mix together ingredients no: 1, using your fingers.
3. If needed only, sprinkle a few drops of cold water for preparing the flour.
4. Continue mixing till it resembles the flour used to prepare steam cake.
5. Take tart bases, grease them, and place a little prepared batter inside it.
6. Press the batter so that a hollow space is formed inside. It resembles a small bowl with crest.
7. Bake tarts in the pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes.
8. Once done, allow them to cool completely.
9. Store them in air-tight containers for your future use.
10. You can fill jam, orange curd, sauce, meat or vegetable filling inside tarts and serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine March 1-14, 2018
Read a few more tart and pie recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.