Anti-oxidants present in apple improve memory power. When it’s used to prepare a sweet Kheer for kids, abundant in milk protein, it provides an excellent sweet dish for kids.
Ingredients for Memory Sweet:
1. Apple and carrot chopped fine – ½ cup each
2. Ghee – 1 big spoon
3. Sugar – 2 big spoons
4. Milk – ½ cup
5. Cashews and raisins fried in ghee – To decorate
How to prepare Memory Sweet?
1. Heat a non-stick tawa and add ghee.
2. When it heats up, add apple and carrot and mix well.
3. Cook the mixture till it turns brown colour and add sugar.
4. Mix it well and allow sugar to melt completely.
5. Add milk and cook the ingredients.
6. When the contents are well cooked and turn thick, take off from flame.
7. Decorate with raisins and cashews and serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine 2010, March 1-14
Also read a few more carrot dishes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.