Ingredients for Simple Pulao:
1. Basmati rice – 1 cup
2. Oil – 2 big spoons
3. Cumin seeds – 1 small spoon
4. Onions – 1 small, chopped fine
5. Garam masala powder – 1 small spoon
Salt – As per taste
6. Frozen green peas – 1.75 cups
7. Water – 1.75 cups
8. Lemon juice – 1-2 small spoons
How to prepare Simple Pulao?
1. Wash rice and soak in water for half an hour. Later drain the excess water.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and fry cumin seeds.
3. Add onions and sauté for 6 minutes.
4. When colour changes, add garam masala powder and salt.
5. Sauté for 20 seconds and add rice and green peas.
6. Stir the contents and then add water. Check salt.
7. Reduce the flame and cook rice for 10 minutes.
8. When rice is well cooked and water content is fully absorbed, put off the flame.
9. Add lemon juice and using a fork mix the contents.
10. Serve your Simple Pulao with side dishes of your choice.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, October 15-28, 2022
Read a few more pulao recipes. Visit my page.