Ingredients for Savoury Chirota:
1. Maida – ½ kg
2. Red chillies – 5, crushed
Pepper – 1 small spoon
Sesame seeds – 1 small spoon
Cumin – 1 small spoon
Asafoetida – 1 small spoon
3. Vanaspati – 2 big spoons
Water and salt – As required
4. Vanaspati melted – 2 big spoons
5. Puttu (Steam cake) powder – 3 big spoons
6. Oil – For frying
How to prepare Savoury Chirota?
1. Prepare dough from maida, adding ingredients no: 2 and 3. It should be like chapati dough.
2. Divide them into 8 equal sized balls and spread them to chapatis.
3. On the surface of each chapati, spread a thin layer of Vanaspati and then sprinkle a little rice flour.
4. Place a second chapati on its top.
5. Continue the process for remaining chapatis too.
6. Now roll each chapati set, and then cut them into ¼ inch pieces.
7. Place one piece on the top of another, and gently roll it. Never give extra pressure.
8. Continue the process for remaining chapati slices too.
9. Deep fry them in hot oil, till they turn crispy. Flip both sides.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine May 14-27, 2022
Also read a few more all-purpose flour snack recipes. Click on the images in the gallery to read.