Ingredients for Paneer Kofta:
1. Paneer – 100 gm
2. Potatoes – 2, boiled and smashed
Onions – 1, chopped fine
Ginger chopped – 1 small spoon
Coriander leaves – 1 stalk
Cumin powder – ½ small spoon
Salt – For taste
Green chillies chopped – 2
3. Oil – ½ litre
4. Oil – As required
5. Onion – 1, chopped fine
Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped fine
Green chillies chopped – 1 or 2
6. Turmeric powder – A pinch
7. Cashew paste – 50 gm
8. Salt – As required
Coriander leaves – To decorate
How to prepare Paneer Kofta?
1. Power the paneer and keep it aside.
2. Mix together ingredients no: 2 and add to paneer.
3. Mix the contents well and prepare kofta balls.
4. Now deep fry the balls till golden brown in hot oil.
5. Heat oil in a pan and sauté onions and garlic.
6. Add turmeric powder and mix it well.
7. Add cashew paste to it and sauté again for a while.
8. Add salt and coriander leaves and take off from the flame.
9. Transfer the fried koftas to a serving plate and pour the gravy on top of it.
10. Serve hot with chapatti.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, November 1-14, 2010
Note: In the given recipe, use of chillies is not specified. I just added it from my side. You can turn it spicy by adding cardamom, a small piece of cinnamon, a piece of star anise and 2 cloves while soaking cashews to make a paste. You can add almonds too. To give a final touch, add/decorate with a little fresh cream.
Also read yet another Paneer Kofta recipe.
You can read more Paneer recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.