Nercha payasam of Francis Assisi Church (Kappalu Palli)
Ingredients for Nercha payasam:
- Unakkalari (Payasam rice) – 1 kg
- Jaggery – 5 kg
- Ghee – 100 gm
- Cardamom powder – 5 gm
- Kalkkandam (sweet sugar cubes of small type) – 10 gm
How to prepare Nercha Payasam?
- Melt jaggery and extract its impurities.
- Add equal amount of water to rice and cook it.
- When rice is half cooked add jaggery solution. When it boils, add ghee and fry it well.
- When it’s almost done (water is almost evaporated) and payasam resembles a thread when poured using a spoon, add cardamom powder and put the flame off.
- Add kalkaandam and when it cools, serve.
Also read a few more payasam and pradhaman recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.