Cherupayar Aavi Unda
Ingredients for Cherupayar Aavi Unda:
1. Rice powder (shallow fried) – 1.5 cup
Salt – ½ small spoon
Sugar – 1 big spoon
2. Green gram soaked – 1 cup
3. Scrapped coconut – ½ cup
Sugar – ¼ cup
How to prepare Cherupayar Aavi Unda?
- Mix ingredients adding sufficient luke warm water to prepare dough.
- Add a pinch of salt to the soaked green gram and cook in pressure cooker. Drain excess water.
- Add ingredients no: 3 to cooked green gram to prepare the filling.
- Make small balls from the prepared dough and make a pit in the middle.
- Place a little filling inside the dough, cover it again to complete ball.
- Complete the process for all balls.
- Cook the balls in a steam cooker for 20 minutes.
- Serve once the balls are cooled.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 16-30 2017.
Please go through the gallery to get different varieties of snack dishes. Click on the images in the gallery to choose a category
(Visited 462 times, 1 visits today)