Simple Chicken Curry
Ingredients for Simple Chicken Curry:
1. Chicken cut into pieces – 1 kg
2. Chicken masala powder – 5 table spoons
3. Onions chopped – 1 cup
4. Ginger chopped – 1 table spoon
5. Garlic – 3 cloves
6. Green chillies – 2
7. Curry leaves – 2 stem
8. Coconut oil – 2 table spoons
9. Mustard and salt – As required
How to prepare Simple Chicken Curry?
1. Add salt and chicken masala to chicken pieces.
2. Manually mix it well and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
3. Make a fine paste of ginger, garlic and green chillies.
4. Heat oil and sputter mustard seeds. Add curry leaves.
5. Add onions and sauté it.
6. When it is done, add the paste of ginger, garlic and green chillies.
7. Sauté it again and add chicken pieces and 3 cups of water.
8. Cook chicken in low flame.
9. When gravy thickens put off the flame.
N.B: If needed you can use coconut milk instead of water.
Archive: Vanitha Magazine December 15-31, 2018
Read a few more chicken curry/side dish recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.