Chemmeen Ada (Prawns Ada)
Ingredients for Chemmeen Ada (Prawns Ada):
1. Puzhukkalari (Boiled rice) – 200 gm
2. Salt – As required
3. Coconut scrapped – ½
4. Prawns – 250 gm
5. Salt – As required
Chilli powder – 1 small spoon
Turmeric powder – A pinch
6. Oil – 4 big spoons
7. Onions finely chopped – 200 gm
Green chillies finely chopped -3
Curry leaves – 1 stalk
8. Ginger crushed – 1 small spoon
Garlic crushed – 3 cloves
Tomato finely chopped – 1
9. Red chilli powder – 1 small spoon
Turmeric powder – ½ small spoon
Coriander powder – 2 small spoons
10. Water – 200 milli
Salt – As needed
11. Coriander leaves chopped – 1 big spoon
Garam masala powder – ¼ small spoon
How to prepare Chemmeen Ada (Prawns Ada)?
1. Soak rice for 4-5 hours in cold water.
2. Then wash it well, and grind it well adding salt, half quantity of scrapped coconut and water.
3. Batter should be thick, not too loose.
4. Marinate prawns adding ingredients no: 5 and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Heat 2 big spoons of oil, and deep fry prawns in light brown colour.
6. In the remaining oil, sauté ingredients no: 7.
7. When onions turn soft, add ingredients no: 8 and sauté again.
8. When tomatoes are smashed, add ingredients no: 9 and sauté for one minute.
9. Now add salt and water and mix well. Allow it to boil
10. Add fried prawns to it and cook well in low flame. The gravy should thicken.
11. Apply a little oil to your hands and make 6-8 balls from the prepared flour.
12. Place each rice ball in separate banana pieces and spread using hands.
13. Use prawns mixture as filling.
14. Place a little prawn mixture inside the spread rice ball, fold it in semi-circular shape and press the ends as well to avoid the filling from falling out.
15. Steam cook the ada for 15-20 minutes and serve hot.
Source: Vanitha Magazine August 15-30 2016
Also read a few more delicious prawn snack recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.