Ethapazham Kumbilappam (Kerala Banana Kumbilappam)
Ingredients for Ethapazham Kumbilappam (Kerala Banana Kumbilappam):
1. Jaggery scrapped – 1 cup
Water – ½ cup
2. Ghee – 1 small spoon
3. Coconut scrapped – 1 cup
Puttu powder – 1 cup
4. Cardamom powder – ½ small spoon
5. Boiled Kerala banana, removed thread and smashed – 1 cup
6. Bay leaves (Vayana Ila/Karuka Ila) – As required
How to prepare Ethapazham Kumbilappam (Kerala Banana Kumbilappam)?
1. Melt and boil jaggery adding water.
2. When it thickens, add ghee and mix well. Put off the flame.
3. Using hands, mix well coconut and putt powder.
4. Add cardamom powder to jaggery melted and pour to putt powder mixture.
5. Mix well without the formation of lumps.
6. Add smashed banana also and prepare the batter.
7. Prepare cone shapes from bay leaves and fill them with batter.
8. Steam cook, and then serve when it cools off.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, September 1-14, 2019
Also read a few more Kerala banana recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.