Carrot Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients for Carrot Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting:
1. Butter – 185 gm
Sugar powdered – 1.5 cups
2. Eggs – 3
3. Carrot grated – 2 cups
Walnut broken – ¾ cup
4. Maida – ¾ cup
Self-rising flour – ¾ cup
Mixed spice – 1.5 small spoons
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
5. Cream cheese – 60 gm
Butter – 30 gm
Orange skin peeled – 1 small spoon
6. Icing sugar – 1.5 cups, blended
How to prepare Carrot Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting?
1. Pre-heat oven in 180 degree celsious.
2. Grease a ring pan with 20 cm surface area and place butter paper inside it.
3. Take sugar and butter in a small bowl and using an electric mixer make it soft.
4. Add eggs one after another and beat the contents well.
5. Transfer these contents to a big bowl.
6. Add carrot and walnut and mix the contents well.
7. Blend ingredients no: 4 and add to carrot-walnut mixture.
8. Mix the ingredients slowly to prepare the batter.
9. Transfer the batter to greased pan and bake for 1 hour.
10. Switch off the oven and wait for 5 more minutes.
11. Transfer the cake to a wire rack.
12. To prepare frosting blend ingredients no: 5 using an electric mixer.
13. Add icing sugar little by little and keep mixing the contents till it turns soft.
14. Pour the frosting on the top of the cake.
Note: To prepare self-rising flour, take maida and baking powder in the proportion 1 cup: 1.5 small spoons: 1/2 small spoon salt. Mix all these contents to prepare the flour.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, December 1 – 14, 2019
You can read a few more delicious cake and bake recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.