Sanjana Sanghi – Bollywood actress who plays Sushant Singh Rajput’s last heroine in the movie, ‘Dil Bechara’
Sanjana Sanghi is an upcoming actress who plays Sushant Singh Rajput’s heroine in his last release, ‘Dil Bechara’. It’s Sanjana’s first movie as lead lady. ‘Dil Bechara’ is not the first movie of Sanjana. She started her career as a child artist through 2011 Bollywood hit movie, Rockstar, playing Mandy Kaul, Nargis Fakri’s younger sister. Later she turned a model, and returned to big screen playing supporting roles in hit films, Hindi Medium and Fukrey Returns released in 2017.
She was 14 when she appeared in Rockstar
Sanjana Sanghi hails from Delhi, and belongs to a business family. She was born on September 2, 1996. Her father is an entrepreneur and mother is a homemaker. She holds degree in Journalism & Mass Communication with distinction. She got break to Bollywood through the movie, Rockstar in 2011. She played the brief role of Nargis Fakri’s younger sister in this film. After that she took a break from acting and also did a few modelling assignments after that. She appeared in ad shoots as well as print ads.
She returned to films in 2017 with ‘English Medium’
She played Saba Qamar’s childhood role in hit film, ‘English Medium’ followed by Fukrey Returns, where she played Katti. She got her major break through ‘Dil Bechara’, where she played lead role opposite star actor Sushant Singh Rajput. A. R. Rahman provided music for this romantic musical, where both the lead actors played cancer patients. The movie is the official remake of Hollywood flick, The Fault In Our Stars.
Unfortunately the film’s release got delayed following lockdown, and shocking news about Sushant came out on June 14, 2020. As a tribute to the actor, the film was released on OTT platform in late July, and the movie received an overwhelming response. Sanjana is fully heartbroken with the news came out, about her co-star. She was called for an interrogation by Mumbai Police before the movie release, which she attended.
Sanjana Sanghi – Some interesting and less-known facts
1. She has been a brilliant student in academics and is a gold medallist from University of Delhi. For her excellence in higher secondary board examinations, she received an appreciation letter from Smriti Irani, who was serving as HRD Minister then.
2. She graduated in journalism from Lady Shri Ram College of Commerce, University of Delhi. While at college, she won many prizes for competitions.
3. She has one elder brother who works in Google.
4. Before she returned to films, she worked for a brief period at ‘Youth Ki Awaaz’ in New Delhi, in the role of a feature writer.
5. Her debut film in lead role, ‘Dil Bechara’ is the last release of popular actor Sushant Singh Rajput. The movie is released on digital platform because theatres are closed when Corona epidemic hit the name.
6. She has modelled for leading Indian brands like Coca-Cola, Cadbury, Dabur, Myntra, Tanishq, Aircel etc.
7. Travelling and partying are her favourite pass times.
8. She is a trained Kathak dancer, and practises yoga too.
9. She has served as a public speaker for her country at various international forums.
10. When #Metoo Movement hit the whole nation, blind articles were written about her co-star Sushant, that he misbehaved with her. Later she came with clarifications that all reports are false. Before movie release, when she was called for an interrogation by Mumbai Police, she completely denied the allegations.
11. She was so heartbroken with the news of Sushant Singh Rajput that she released a statement that she is returning back to Delhi.