Anjana Jayaprakash – South Indian Film Actress of ‘Pachuvum Athbutha Vilakkum’ fame
Anjana Jayaprakash is a south Indian film actress who works in Tamil and Malayalam language films. She has been featured in many short films too. She shot to fame playing female lead in Fahadh Fasil starrer, ‘Pachuvum Athbutha Vilakkum’, which was a box office hit of 2023. Dhuruvangal Pathinaaru and Achcham Madam Naanam Payirppu are her other memorable releases, both in Tamil. Only three films old, ‘Pachuvum Athbutha Vilakkum’ is Anjana Jayaprakash’s first film in a lead role, and her role was well received. She also played Shakthi Seshadri in Tamil web series, Queen.
She appeared in a brief role in Kumbasaram starring Jaya Surya
Anjana Jayaprakash was born in Dubai, where she completed her school studies. Kottayam is her hometown. Later she completed B.Tech in Fashion Technology from Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore. During those days she started modelling and also appeared in a few short films. Among her short films, Muse, directed by her college junior Kannan RK was showcased in many film festivals. She played a sex worker in the short film. This short film during her college days became the turning point of her career.
She appeared in a brief role of a reporter in Kumbasaram (2015) starring Jaya Surya.
Dhuruvangal Pathinaaru directed by her college senior Karthick Naren marked her acting debut, and the movie was a box office hit. Her character Vaishnavi gave her a break which was waiting for. Yet she had to wait for many years to get the real success. Later she played a supporting role in Achcham Madam Naanam Payirppu, an adult drama film which failed at box office. She continued working in ads and short films, and made her series debut through Tamil web series, Queen, based on Jayalalithaa‘s life. Her role got noticed.
Anjana’s break through role through ‘Pachuvum Athbutha Vilakkum’
She played the female lead Hamsadhwani in Akhil Sathyan’s debut film, ‘Pachuvum Athbutha Vilakkum’. The movie received overwhelming response from public. She was spotted by the casting director in her Instagram profile. She was sent pdf of script, Anjana did the audition and sent it back. Akhil watched it and after the look test, she was confirmed for the role. In fact many people criticised her pairing with Fahadh saying, it’s a mismatch. But after the film release, her character Hamsa Dhwani has a lot of followers.
One of the highlights of the directorial debut of Akhil Sathyan was the casting of the female leads. He chose three debutantes for the film, where Fahadh Fasil played the male lead. While Dhwani Rajesh and Anjana Jayaprakash had worked in other language films, Viji Venkatesh, a well-known social worker associated with cancer related NGOs, marked her screen debut with the film. All the three female actresses had meaty roles in the film, and received warm welcome from audience also. Dhwani was handpicked by the director Akhil Sathyan after watching her debut flick.
Anjana Jayaprakash – Some interesting and less-known facts
1. Apart from appearing in several music videos, she directed a music video, Rimjhim gire sawan featuring artist Simran Sehgal. She also acted in a music video called “Sun Le Zara.”
2. She is a content writer too. She used to write stories since childhood.
3. She was the first choice to play Selene in ‘Premam‘. She appeared in the audition and look test too. But she got rejected after two days of shooting.
4. She was never interested in acting or modelling; both happened by chance. When some of her engineering friends made a short film, they approached her for the role, and when it went on to win many awards, she got interested in this field.
5. She was casted for ‘Pachuvum Athbutha Vilakkum’ in 2019. But due to pandemic the movie got delayed.
6. She played Hamsa Dhwani in Fahadh starrer ‘Pachuvum Athbutha Vilakkum’ and there are a lot of funny sequences connecting her name. But the interesting part is Dhwani is the real name of another debutante who played Nidhi in the same film.