10+ Useful tips while using moisturizer
What’s the real purpose of using moisturizer? It prevents our skin from becoming dry and gives a special beauty and shine. Also, it guards natural elasticity of our skin. As age passes by, proper care is to be given to skin to prevent it from dryness and ageing. If it’s winter season and if your skin is exposed to air conditioner for a long time, moisturizer is a must. Every person who wants to remain beauty in all seasons will surely include a moisturizer in their beauty kit. Just remember these points for using moisturizers in a healthy way. Also read: While using moisturizers – Some common doubts answered.
1. After bath, wait for a few moments before applying moisturizer. Apply moisturizer in the form of paste and gently massage for a while, before the skin losses its wetness completely.
2. Applying moisturizer twice a day is more effective. If you are 35+, make it a habit to use moisturizer every day before you go to bed.
3. Exposure to sun soon after applying moisturizer may harm your skin in very rare cases. Skin may lose its colour slightly. In this case, better option is to use moisturizer before you go to sleep.
4. Choose moisturizers with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. They nourish your skin best.
5. If you are unsure about allergic problems of a particular moisturizer, you can do a patch test first.
6. You should use it up within 1.5 years of purchase. Though it has not reached its expiry date, it may go chemical changes reducing the overall effects.
7. Moisturizers may often cause skin allergy too. It depends on its ingredients. All products may not suit all skin types. If your skin becomes red or cause rashes or itches, discontinue using that product. Still if problem persists consult a skin specialist.
8. Never choose low quality products. Go for good brands. Also, just go through its ingredients before purchasing the product. It will help you find if any allergic content not suited for your skin has been used for that beauty product.
9. Honey is a good natural moisturizer. Make a fine paste of oats, honey and milk membrane and apply on your face. Your skin will glow naturally.
10. You can also use natural moisturizers like milk or butter milk, cucumber juice, mango butter, shea butter, Aloe Vera Gel and Avocado.
11. Use a moisturizer with SPF content. It protects the skin from UV damage.
So, through this column I have provided a few simple tips to follow while using moisturizer. Hoping it will be helpful.
Image source: Pixabay
Read a few more articles on beauty product tips. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read