Vazhakoombu Cutlet (Banana Blossom Cutlet)
Ingredients for Vazhakoombu Cutlet (Banana Blossom Cutlet):
1. Potato – 3
Banana blossom (Vazhakoombu) chopped fine – ½ cup
3. Egg – 1, beaten
4. Oil – As required
5. Bread crumbs – 4 table spoons
6. Green chillies chopped – 2
Garam masala – 2 tsp
Onions chopped – 1
Salt – For taste
How to prepare Vazhakoombu Cutlet (Banana Blossom Cutlet)?
1. Cook banana blossom in low flame, adding sufficient water and a little salt.
2. Cook potato separately adding sufficient water.
3. Once done, remove the skin and smash it.
4. Mix potato, banana blossom and ingredients no: 6.
5. Make small balls from this mixture and spread to cutlet shapes.
6. Dip the cutlets in beaten egg, wrap in bread crumbs and deep fry in hot oil.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine May 1-14, 2005
Also read a few more cutlet recipes. Click on the images in the gallery to read.