Idichakka Patties (Tender Jackfruit Patties)
Ingredients for Idichakka Patties (Tender Jackfruit Patties):
1. Tender jackfruit – 200 gm
2. Sprouted green gram – 50 gm
3. Onions chopped – 25 gm
Green chillies chopped – 2
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
4. Cumin powder – A pinch
5. Salt – For taste
6. Oil – For frying
7. Maida – 10 gm
How to prepare Idichakka Patties (Tender Jackfruit Patties)?
1. Cook jackfruit and then crush it well.
2. Heat oil in a pan, and sauté ingredients no: 3.
3. Add sprouted green gram, smashed jackfruit, salt and cumin powder.
4. Mix it well and put off the flame.
5. When it cools, mix it well using hands.
6. Add a little water to maida and prepare loose batter.
7. Make balls from jackfruit mixture and make it cutlet shapes.
8. Dip in maida solution and shallow fry in a tawa, adding a little oil.
9. You can also deep fry them.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine May 1-14, 2005
Also read a few more jackfruit recipes. Click on the images in the gallery to read.