Whole Chicken Masala Roast
Ingredients for Whole Chicken Masala Roast:
1. Medium sized chicken – 1 (As whole)
2. Onions chopped fine – 2 cups
Red chillies – 12, cut into 2 pieces each, after removing seeds
Garlic chopped – 1 big spoon
Ginger chopped – ½ big spoon
Turmeric powder – ½ small spoon
Curd – ¼ cup
Coriander, fried and powdered – ½ big spoon
Cumin seeds, fried and powdered – A pinch
Cloves – 6
Cardamom – 4
Cinnamon – 1-inch piece
Nutmeg powdered – A pinch
3. Salt and water – As needed
4. Ghee and butter – 1 big spoon each
5. Onions chopped fine – 1 cup
6. Ghee – ½ big spoon
7. Potato boiled and smashed – 1 cup
8. Green peas, carrot, beans – To decorate
How to prepare Whole Chicken Masala Roast?
1. Clean chicken, remove liver and keep aside.
2. Slice liver into thin pieces, and keep separate.
3. Mix ingredients no: 2 together and marinate chicken using it.
4. Allow it to rest for 3 hours.
5. Add salt and sufficient water and cook chicken.
6. Continue cooking till chicken is well cooked and coated with gravy.
7. Heat oil and ghee in a pan, fry onions and keep aside.
8. In remaining oil, fry chicken in low flame and keep aside.
9. In remaining oil, add the leftover gravy (after cooking chicken) and boil it.
10. Put the flame off and add fried onions.
11. Heat ghee and add chicken liver.
12. Sauté it and cook in low flame.
13. When it’s done, add smashed potato and mix well.
14. Take two big spoons from prepared gravy and add to cooked liver-potato mixture.
15. Transfer the contents to a small mould (when it’s hot) and press well.
16. Cut chicken into big pieces and place in a serving plate.
17. Pour gravy on its top and at centre portion, flip the potato-liver mixture upside down.
18. Put green peas, carrot and beans in boiled water, and then sauté in oil.
19. Decorate your whole chicken with these vegetables and serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 16-29, 2022
Also read a few more chicken recipes. Click on the images in the gallery to read.