Ingredients for Soya Cutlet:
1. Soya granules – 50 gm
2. Potatoes – 3
3. Oil – As required
4. Onions – 1, chopped fine
Green chillies – 3, chopped fine
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 small spoon
Turmeric powder – A pinch
Chilli powder – A little
5. Salt – As required
Cumin seeds fried and powdered – 1 small spoon
Coriander seeds fried and powdered – 1 small spoon
6. Lemon juice – 2 small spoons
Coriander leaf – 1 small bundle chopped
7. Egg – 1, beaten
8. Bread crumbs – 100 gm
How to prepare Soya Cutlet?
1. Soak soya granules in warm water for 15 minutes and squeeze them.
2. Add a little water to it and cook for a few minutes.
3. Cook potatoes and peel of the skin. Smash them well.
4. Heat oil in a pan, sauté ingredients no: 4 and add cooked soya to it.
5. Add ingredients no: 5 to it and cook till water content is fully absorbed.
6. Add ingredients no: 6 and potatoes to it, mix well and put the flame off.
7. Make balls out of this mixture and press once to get cutlet shapes.
8. Dip each cutlet in beaten eggs and wrap well in bread crumbs.
9. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry your soya-potato cutlets.
10. Serve hot with coriander leaf – mint leaf chutney.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine July 15-31, 2017
Read a few more delicious cutlet, tikki and patties recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.