Sobhita Dhulipala – Model and actress of ‘Made In Heaven’ fame
Sobhita Dhulipala is a successful model and actress who works in Bollywood and South Indian film industry, and also web series. She was the first runner-up at Femina Miss India 2013 pageant and then represented India at Miss Earth 2013, and was unplaced. Bollywood movie, Raman Raghav 2.0 (2016) marked her screen debut and Telugu movie Goodachari (2018) marked her south Indian film debut. In 2019 she made her web series debut in Made in Heaven, and played lead role opposite Arjun Mathur. Though the movie was a flop, her role in 2019 Bollywood thriller The Body was appreciated.
Started her career as a model
Sobhita Dhulipala was born in 1993 in Tenali, Andhra Pradesh into a family which gives importance to academics, and without any filmy background. There are many PhD holders in her family. Her family moved to Visakhapatnam at the age of 3. She grew up in Visag, and later she moved to Mumbai to pursue her higher studies.
During her stay in Mumbai she started her modelling journey, and later went on to establish a career in modelling industry. A major turning point happened in her modelling career when she stood second at Femina Miss India 2013. She was earlier crowned as Femina Miss Bangalore 2013, and got direct entry to Miss India contest. She was crowned the runner-up title by Prachi Misra.
Made screen debut in year 2016
She started appearing in auditions for films. Three years later she joined Bollywood, and currently most busy in web world. She has been a part of web series – Made In Heaven, Bard of Blood, Kaalakaandi and Ghost Stories. She earned fame through the popular series, Made In Heaven, where she played Tara. She has been featured in numerous ads too.
In 2018 she made an impressive debut in south Indian films through Telugu spy thriller, Goodachari, where she played the lead role of a spy. She made her Malayalam debut with highly acclaimed Moothon in 2019 in a lead role, and has signed her second Malayalam project Kurup opposite DQ. Laxmmi Bomb is her upcoming Bollywood flick.
Sobhita Dhulipala – Some interesting and less-known facts
1. In her dreams she wanted to become a writer, and never thought of becoming an actress.
2. In Miss India contest 2013, she won the subtitles – Miss Stylish Hair, Miss Fashion Icon and Miss Adventurous.
3. She is trained in Bharatnatyam and Kuchipudi classical dance forms.
4. She loves writing poetry. Since childhood she used to write stories. Painting, playing guitar, travelling and gardening are other hobbies.
5. Before Miss India happened to her she was a loner and uncool person, and the win in the contest changed her life forever. Even her lifestyle and attitude changed after that. She also felt that it damaged her self-esteem.
6. Though she is a popular model, during her struggling days she has given auditions for ads too, which include popular and less-known brands of beauty soaps, detergents and shampoo.
7. She was featured in 2014 Kingfisher calendar.
8. She shared screen space with Saif Ali Khan for Bollywood flick Chef, and web series, Kaalakaandi.
9. In March 2019, Shobhita entered into the list of ‘Top 15 most popular Indian actors’ on the IMDb STARmeter.
10. She was nominated for Critics’ choice best supporting performance at Cannes Film festival, 2016 for her debut film, Raman Raghav 2.0.
11. She loves Tibetan cuisine, and waffles and noodles are other choices.
12. Previously she was in a relationship with Pranav Misra, Fashion designer and co-founder of fashion brand Huemn.