It’s a very easy dish to make, and gives a traditional Kerala sweet taste as well. It takes only less time too.
1. Ghee – 2 small spoons
2. Vermicelli (Semiya) – 1 cup
3. Boiled milk – 3 cups
4. Sugar – ¾ cup
Coconut scrapped – 1 cup
Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
5. Banana leaves – To make ada
1. Heat a pan and fry vermicelli in one spoon ghee.
2. Pour boiled milk to it and cook vermicelli well. Water content should be fully absorbed.
3. Take vermicelli from flame, add remaining ghee and ingredients no: 4. Mix it well.
4. When the mixture cools off a little bit, make small balls from it.
5. Slightly heat banana leaves by showing in fire and press each semiya balls on each bit of banana leaf.
6. Cover well using another piece of banana leaf and place them on heated tawa.
7. Flip both sides in hot tawa and bake well in low flame to prepare semiya ada.
Archive: Vanitha Magazine August 16-31, 2016.
Read a few more vermicelli recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.
(Visited 1,114 times, 1 visits today)