Ingredients for Rava-Oats Idli:
1. Rava – 1 cup
2. Oats – 1.5 cup
3. Oil – 2 small spoons
4. Mustard – 1 small spoon
Black gram dal – 1 small spoon
5. Carrot, medium sized – 1, grated
Curry leaves chopped fine – 1 big spoon
Green chilly – 1, chopped, after removing seeds
6. Salt – For taste
Curd – 1 cup
Eno fruit salt – ¼ small spoon
How to prepare Rava-Oats Idli?
1. Fry rava in a pan till it turn golden brown.
2. Fry oats also, till it changes colour.
3. Blend oats in a mixer & make it similar to semolina grains.
4. Heat oil in a pan and fry mustard and urud dal.
5. Add ingredients no: 5 and sauté the contents.
6. Transfer the sauted contents, oats, semolina, salt and curd to a big bowl.
7. Mix the contents to prepare batter, and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
8. If the batter is thick, add a little water.
9. Add Eno fruit salt, mix the contents well and pour into idli maker.
10. Cook as normal idlis. Serve with chutney.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine May 1-14, 2020
Also read yet another recipe of oats idli.
Read different varieties of oats dishes. Click here.