Prawns Omelette (Chemmeen Omelette)
Ingredients for Prawns Omelette (Chemmeen Omelette):
1. Oil – 1 big spoon
2. Garlic crushed – 1 big spoon
3. Celery chopped fine – 1 big spoon
Spring onion chopped fine – 2 big spoons
4. Cleaned prawns chopped into tiny pieces – 1 cup
5. Grated cheese – 2 big spoons
6. Eggs – 2
7. Salt and pepper powder – As per needed
How to prepare Prawns Omelette (Chemmeen Omelette)?
1. Heat oil in a pan and sauté garlic.
2. Add celery and spring onion and continue sauting.
3. Squeeze prawns to completely remove water content and add to pan.
4. Keep sauting till prawns change colour.
5. Take the pan from flame and add cheese.
6. Separate white yolk and yellow yolk of eggs.
7. Beat white yolk in a bowl till foams are formed.
8. Add yellow yolk and continue beating. Add salt and pepper too.
9. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and pour beaten eggs.
10. Spread the eggs in the pan to get a perfect circular shape.
11. Spread prawn mixture on its top.
12. When egg is well cooked, roll it and take from pan.
13. You can also decorate it with a few chopped celery and spring onion as topping just before you take omelette from pan.
14. Serve hot.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, November 15-30, 2019
You can read a few more egg snack recipes here. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.