Apple Payasam with Condensed Milk
Ingredients for Apple Payasam with Condensed Milk:
1. Well-ripen and sweet apple – 1 big, cut into small pieces after removing seeds
2. Ghee – 1 big spoon
3. Cashews – A handful
Raisins – A handful
4. Milk – 1 litre
Hot water – ½ litre
Condensed milk – 500 milli
5. Sago – A handful, soaked
6. Sugar – As required
7. Cardamom powdered – ½ small spoon
How to prepare Apple Payasam with Condensed Milk?
1. Heat ghee in an urli and fry raisins and cashews.
2. Remove fried raisins and cashews from ghee and add milk, hot water and condensed milk.
3. When it boils, add soaked sago and cook it till it is 3/4th done.
4. Add sugar followed by apple and boil the contents well.
5. Add cardamom powder and put off the flame.
6. Add fried raisins and cashews, mix the contents and serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, September 1-14, 2019 Archive
Also read one more Apple Payasam recipe, where coconut milk is used instead of normal milk.
Read a few more fruit dessert recipes: