Nadan Payar Ularthiyath (Green Gram Stir Fry)
Ingredients for Nadan Payar Ularthiyath (Green Gram Stir Fry):
1. Green Gram or Long beans (Achinga) red or green seeds – ½ kg
2. Salt and water – As needed
3. Coconut oil – As needed
4. Garlic – 15 cloves, crushed
Shallots – 10, crushed
5. Turmeric powder – ½ small spoon
Chilli powder – 1.5 small spoons
Crushed red chillies – ½ small spoon
Curry leaves – As needed
How to prepare Nadan Payar Ularthiyath (Green Gram Stir Fry)?
1. Wash green gram, and cook it adding salt and water.
2. Heat oil in a pan and sauté crushed shallots and garlic.
3. When it’s almost done, add ingredients no: 5 and sauté again.
4. When it’s done, add cooked green gram and mix well.
5. Continue cooking till water content is fully absorbed.
Note: You can substitute green gram with tapioca or Chinese potato (Koorkka) to prepare similar stir fry side dishes.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 15-30, 2019
Read a few more vegetarian dishes here