Ingredients for Mambazha Pulissery:
1. Local mango (small) of any type – 5 (well-ripen)
2. Coconut – ½ scrapped
Chilli powder – 1 small spoon
Turmeric powder – ½ small spoon
Cumin seeds – ½ small spoon
3. Ghee – 2 big spoons
4. Jaggery – 1 small piece
5. Curd – ½ litre
Salt – As required
6. Ghee – 1 big spoon
7. Mustard seeds – ½ small spoon
Red chillies – 3, cut into two halves
Shallots – 3, finely chopped in round pieces
Fenugreek – A pinch
Curry leaves – 2 stalks
How to prepare Mambazha Pulissery?
1. Cut the stalk of mango, cook adding water and remove skin.
2. Make a fine paste of ingredients no: 2.
3. Add sufficient salt to curd and blend it well.
4. Heat ghee in a pan and sauté together mango and jaggery. Add the grinded paste later.
5. Add curd to it, and mix the contents well.
6. Heat a little ghee, splutter mustard seeds and sauté all items listed under ingredients no: 7.
7. Add this mixture to Mampazha Pulissery.
8. Put off the flame before the curry starts boiling.
Note: After adding curd to the curry, it should not be boiled. Heating the curry is enough.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 1-14, 2017
Read a few more mango fruit recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.