Tender Coconut – Sago Pudding (Karikk – Chauwari Pudding)
Ingredients for Tender Coconut – Sago Pudding (Karikk – Chauwari Pudding):
1. Sago – ¼ cup
2. China grass – 7 gm, soaked in 1 cup water
3. Tender coconut water – ½ cup
4. Condensed milk -3/4 cup
5. Milk -1.5 cups
Sugar – 2 big spoons full
6. Tender coconut cut into small pieces -1/2 cup
7. Coconut scrapped – 2 big spoons
Sugar – 1 big spoon
How to prepare Tender Coconut – Sago Pudding (Karikk – Chauwari Pudding)?
1. Cook sago adding water. It should turn crystal like.
2. Melt soaked china grass by heating, and add tender coconut water.
3. Heat condensed milk adding milk and sugar. But it should not boil.
4. Add hot china grass mixture to it and mix well.
5. Strain this mixture and transfer to small cups.
6. Add cooked sago and tender coconut pieces to it.
7. Mix well and allow it to set.
8. Heat scrapped coconut and 1 big spoon of sugar in a pan.
9. Fry till it turn golden brown and crispy.
10. Turn upside down, the pudding to another plate or bowl.
11. Decorate using caramelized coconut and basil leaves.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine May 1-14, 2020
Read a few more pudding recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.