Maampoo Chutney (Mango flower Chutney) Recipe 2
Ingredients for Maampoo Chutney (Mango flower Chutney):
1. Coconut scrapped – 1 half
2. Red chillies – 6
3. Shallots – 3
4. Curry leaves – 1 stalk
5. Salt – For taste
6. Mango flower – 2-3 bunches
7. Lemon – ½
8. Coconut oil – 1 tsp
How to prepare Maampoo Chutney (Mango flower Chutney)?
1. Pierce red chillies and shallots in a stick and burn in embers/direct flame. They should not turn black colour.
2. Make a fine paste of these red chillies and shallots, along with mango flowers, coconut scrapped, curry leaves and salt.
3. Roll the chutney into a gooseberry shape.
4. Squeeze lemon juice and add coconut oil to it, and serve.
Note: Use only fresh mango flowers, directly plucked from branch.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine January 1-14, 2006
Read another recipe of Mamboo Chutney
Also read different types of chutney recipes. Click on the images in the gallery to read.