Kim Sharma – Bollywood actress of ‘Mohabbatein’ and ‘Tum Se Achcha Kaun Hai’ fame
Kim Sharma is a former actress and model associated with Hindi entertainment industry. She is best known for her supporting role in Mohabbatein (2000), and lead role in Tum Se Achcha Kaun Hai (2002) opposite Nakul Kapoor. She has appeared in more than 10 Hindi films mostly in supporting roles, and has also done a few item numbers.
She made her screen debut through Mohabbatein in 2000
Kim Sharma was born in Ahmednagar in Maharashtra in 1980. She started her modelling career in the second half of 1990s, and also appeared in music videos, before receiving her first break to silver screen through Mohabbatein in 2000. She was paired with Jugal Hasraj, and the movie was a commercial hit. Later she shared screen space with Nakul Kapur and Aarti Chhabria in Tum Se Achcha Kaun Hai. Though the movie was a flop, songs filmed on her, such as “Aankh Hai Bhari Bhari” got noticed. However her career drifted after that, and she moved to supporting roles.
She played friend’s roles in many movies. She was seen in Fida, Padmashree Laloo Prasad Yadav, Taj Mahal: An Eternal Love Story, Yakeen, Nehlle Pe Dehlla, Money Hai Toh Honey Hai, Zindaggi Rocks, Kudiyon Ka Hai Zamana etc. She played lead role opposite Mohabbatein co-star Jimmy Sheirgill (though not as pair) in horror movie, Chhodon Naa Yaar (2007). But the movie went unnoticed. she acted in a Telugu film, Yagam in 2010 which was her last release.
Though her career as an actress failed to take off, her relationships always kept her in limelight. Her relationship with cricketer Yuvraj Singh was regularly featured in columns. She married a business typhoon based in Kenya, Ali Punjani and got retired from films. They legally separated in 2016, and have no children. Since 2017 she is dating Arjun Khanna, Menswear designer.
Kim Sharma – Some interesting and less-known facts
1. Actor Arjun Rampal is her maternal cousin.
2. Close-Up was the first company for which she got selected while she was on a trip to Delhi, and was featured in the ad. Later she appeared in Tv ads of Liril, Sunsilk, Pepsi, Tata Safari, Pond’s, Fair & Lovely, Clean & Clear etc.
3. As a successful model she endorsed many beauty projects and also served as the brand ambassador of Olay in India.
4. She was featured in the music video, Ram Ratan Dhan Payo sung by Lata Mangeshkar. Mayuri Kango also appears in the bhajan video released in 1997.
5. She was seen in the item song “Jorsey” of Telugu blockbuster Magadheera.
6. She studied in a boarding school at Panchgani for her junior college studies, where girls of different cultures and nations studied. It was a cultural shock to her. She quit her studies after completing class 12.
7. Reading and travelling are her favourite hobbies. She loves pets.
8. She has been linked with many people, of which her romantic story with cricketer Yuvraj Singh brought her to limelight. They were in a relationship during 2004 – 2007.
9. There were rumours that she had dated actor Harshvardhan Rane of ‘Sanam Teri Kasam’ fame.