Ishtu (Kerala Style Potato Stew)
Ingredients for Ishtu (Kerala Style Potato Stew):
1. Coconut – ½
2. Potato – 2
3. Ginger – 1 piece, crushed
Green chillies – 2 or 3, split
Salt – For taste
4. Coconut oil – ¼ small spoon
Curry leaves – 1 stem
How to prepare Ishtu (Kerala Style Potato Stew)?
1. Extract milk from coconut.
2. Boil potatoes and smash into small pieces.
3. Add ingredients no: 3 to it and place in flame.
4. Add coconut milk little by little, and mix the contents. Use low flame.
5. When it’s done, put off the flame and add curry leaves and coconut oil.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 2-15, 2022
Also read a few more potato recipes. Click on the images in the gallery to read.