Ingredients for Vettu Cake:
1. Maida – 1 cup
Sugar powdered – ¾ cup
Rava – 50 gm
Salt – A pinch
Cardamom powder – ¼ small spoon
Baking powder – ½ big spoon
2. Egg – 1
3. Ghee – 1 big spoon
Milk – 2 big spoons
How to prepare Vettu Cake?
1. Mix ingredients no: 1 in a bowl and blend well.
2. In another bowl, whip the egg, and add ghee and milk. Mix well these three ingredients.
3. Add this egg mixture slowly to flour and mix well to prepare the dough, similar to chapathi’s.
4. Cover the dough with a moisture cloth and keep aside for 1 hour.
5. After 1 hour, when the dough starts rising up, spread the dough to a rectangle shape with 1 inch thickness.
6. Cut off the edges and then cut into 1.5 inch pieces.
7. Make cross on each piece. Make sure, you don’t cut it too deep to break them to pieces.
8. Heat oil and fry both sides in medium flame. Assure the inner sides too are well cooked.
Source: Vanitha Magazine August 15-30 2016
Also read a few all-purpose flour (maida) snack dishes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.