Date Sandwich Cake
Ingredients for Date Sandwich Cake:
1. Dates chopped fine after removing seeds – 1 cup
2. Water – 2 big spoons
3. Vanilla essence – 1 small spoon
4. Butter – 115 gm
Sugar – 115 gm
5. Golden syrup – 1 big spoon
Salt – A pinch
6. Eggs – 1, beaten
7. Maida – 1.5 cups
Baking powder – 1 small spoon
How to prepare Date Sandwich Cake?
1. Preheat oven in 180 degree celsious.
2. Cook dates adding water till it turns soft and then smash it well using a fork.
3. Add vanilla essence, mix well and take off from flame.
4. Allow dates mixture to cool.
5. Mix butter and sugar together. Add golden syrup and salt to it and mix again.
6. Blend well maida, eggs and baking powder, and add it to the above solution. Mix the contents well.
7. Grease a pan and pour half amount of cake mixture, and spread a layer of date syrup on its top.
8. Spread the remaining cake mixture as third layer and bake your cake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
Vanitha Magazine December 1-14, 2017
You can read a few more delicious cake and bake recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.