Fried Mackerel (Fried Ayala)
Ingredients for Fried Mackerel (Fried Ayala):
1. Mackerel (Ayala) – 1 kg
2. Chilli powder – 1 big spoon
Pepper powder – ½ small spoon
Mustard – ¼ small spoon
Shallots – 12
Garlic – 8 cloves
Ginger – 1-inch piece
Salt – For taste
3. Oil – For frying
4. Vermicelli fried/onion rings mixed with salt and vinegar – To decorate
How to prepare Fried Mackerel (Fried Ayala)?
1. Clean fish, remove spines and spread it on a plate.
2. Mix together ingredients no: 2 and marinate fish pieces.
3. Allow it to rest for a while and then deep fry in hot oil till they turn crispy.
4. Serve them in a plate. Decorate using fried vermicelli or onion rings.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, February 15-29, 2020
Read a few more fish recipes: