Ingredients for Cold-Moulded Salad:
1. Water – 4 cups
Salt – ½ small spoons
2. Cabbage, carrot, tender beans – cut into small square pieces of equal size – ¼ cup
Green peas – ¼ cup
3. Green apple after removing skin and seeds – cut into small square pieces of equal size – ¼ cup
4. Gelatin – 1 packet
Water – As required
5. Curd without sour taste – 1 cup
Mayonnaise – ¼ cup
Lemon juice – from half lemon
Honey – 1 drop
6. Coriander leaves finely chopped – 1 small spoon
Method of preparation of Cold-Moulded Salad:
- Add salt to water and boil it.
- Put each vegetable item one by one in hot water and take out. 1.5 minutes are required for cabbage, and a little more time required for the rest vegetables. Vegetables should never loss their freshness.
- Later remove water content from vegetables using a cotton cloth.
- Add a little lemon juice to apple pieces and keep aside.
- Mix gelatin in a little water and heat it so that contents get dissolved. Allow it to cool.
- Mix all ingredients listed under 5 in a bowl, and gelatin to it. Mix the contents well.
- Add vegetables, coriander and apple pieces to it and transfer the contents to a mould.
- Place the contents in refrigerator to cool.
- Just before serving, immerse the mould in hot water and flip once to a serving bowl.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 15-30 2017
Click to read a few vegetarian salad recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.