Sprouted dishes of any kind are really healthy. Now let us see how a sprouted salad can be prepared by an easy method.
Ingredients for Sprouted Salad:
1. Sprouted green peas cooked in steam – ¼ cup
White chickpeas cooked – ¼ cup
Kidney beans (Rajma) cooked – ¼ cup
Tomato – 1, cut into small pieces
Ethapazham (big sized Kerala banana) – 1 cut into pieces
2. Ginger finely chopped – 1 small spoon
Green chillies – 1 small spoon
Lemon juice – From one lemon
Sugar – 1 big spoon
Salt & Pepper – As required
3. Groundnut fried – 50g
Mint leaves chopped – ¼ cup
Coriander leaves – ¼ cup
How to prepare Sprouted Salad?
- Mix together ingredients no: 1.
- Sprinkle ingredients no: 2 to it and mix well.
- Decorate your Sprouted Salad with ingredients no: 3 and serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 15-30 2017
Sprouted Salad (Recipe 2)
Ingredients for Sprouted Salad (Recipe 2):
- Sprouted green gram – 1 cup
- Cumin powder – ½ small spoon
- Kashmiri chilli powder – ¼ small spoon
- Salt – For taste
- Cucumber, carrot, tomato – 3 big spoons each, cut into small square pieces
- Capsicum cut into small square pieces – 2 big spoons
- Coriander leaves and mint leaves – 2 big spoons each
- Lemon juice – 2 big spoons
- Peanuts broken – 3 big spoons
How to prepare Sprouted Salad (Recipe 2)?
- Add sprouted green gram to warm water.
- After sometime, strain water and transfer green gram to a bowl.
- Mix it with salt, cumin and chilli powder.
- Add the chopped vegetables & leaves and lime juice, and mix well.
- Sprinkle peanuts and serve.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, October 29 – November 11, 2022
Click to read a few vegetarian salad recipes here. Click on the links to read.