Churakka Kadala Paripp Curry (Bottle Gourd Bengal Gram Curry)
Ingredients for Churakka Kadala Paripp Curry (Bottle Gourd Bengal Gram Curry):
1. Bengal gram – 1 cup
Churakka cut into 1-inch pieces – 250 gm
Onion – 1, chopped fine
Ginger – ½ inch piece finely chopped
Garlic – 4 cloves, finely chopped
Green chillies – 3, split length-wise, after removing seeds
Turmeric powder – ¼ small spoon
Salt and water – As needed
2. Ghee – 1.5 big spoons
3. Cumin seeds – ¾ small spoon
4. Asafoetida powder – A pinch
5. Tomato – 1, chopped fine
6. Kashmiri chilli powder – ½ small spoon
7. Coriander leaves chopped – 2 big spoons
How to prepare Churakka Kadala Paripp Curry (Bottle Gourd Bengal Gram Curry)?
1. Mix together ingredients no: 1, and cook well in pressure cooker.
2. Smash well once it’s done.
3. Heat ghee in a pan, fry cumin seeds and then add asafoetida powder. Mix it well.
4. Add chopped tomato to it. Sauté it well and finally add chilli powder.
5. Sauté again and take off from flame.
6. Transfer the smashed vegetables-gram mixture to a serving bowl.
7. Spread tomato mixture on the top of it.
8. Decorate with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Archive: Vanitha Magazine, August 1-14, 2016
Read a few more daal (paripp) curry recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.