Cheera Ila Chakka Kuru Thoran (Spinach Jack Seed Thoran)
Ingredients for Cheera Ila Chakka Kuru Thoran (Spinach Jack Seed Thoran):
1. Jack seeds (Chakka Kuru) – 15
2. Red spinach – 2 bunches
3. Turmeric powder – ½ small spoon
4. Salt – As required
5. Coconut oil – 2 big spoons
6. Mustard – 1 small spoon
Urud daal (black gram daal) – 1 small spoon
7. Coconut – ½ scrapped
Red chillies – 2
Cumin seeds – ¼ small spoon
How to prepare Cheera Ila Chakka Kuru Thoran (Spinach Jack Seed Thoran)?
1. Clean jack seeds and crush them.
2. Finely chop spinach leaves.
3. Cook jack seeds adding turmeric powder.
4. When jack seeds are well cooked, add spinach leaves and salt and cook again.
5. When it’s well cooked, take off from flame.
6. Heat coconut oil in a pan, and sauté ingredients no: 6.
7. Crush ingredients no: 7 and add to the sauted items in the pan.
8. Mix it well and finally add the cooked spinach-jack seed mixture.
9. Mix well and allow the water content to be fully absorbed.
10. Fry your thoran till it turns dry and use.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine July 15-31, 2016
Read a few more leafy vegetable side dishes/curry recipes here. Click on the images in the gallery to read.