Chakka Chakini Thoran (Jackfruit Rags Thoran)
Ingredients for Chakka Chakini Thoran (Jackfruit Rags Thoran):
1. Jackfruit chakini chopped – 3 cups
2. Coconut scrapped – 1 cup
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Chilli powder – ½ tsp
Garlic – 2 cloves
Cumin seeds – A pinch
3. Coconut oil – 2 dessert spoons
Mustard – ½ tsp
Rice – 1 tsp
Red chillies – 2, broken into three
Curry leaves – 2 stems
4. Salt – For taste
How to prepare Chakka Chakini Thoran (Jackfruit Rags Thoran)?
1. Crush ingredients no: 2 together, and keep aside.
2. Heat oil and temper ingredients no: 3, one after another.
3. Add chakka chakini to it, and sauté well.
4. When it’s done, add salt and sprinkle a little water.
5. Place the coconut mixture at the centre, wrap it well and close the lid.
6. When steam comes out, open the lid and mix your thoran.
7. Keep cooking till water content is fully absorbed.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine May 1-14, 2005
Also read a few more jackfruit side dish recipes. Click on the images in the gallery to read.