Oil-less Lemon Pickle
Ingredients for Oil-less Lemon Pickle:
1. Lemon – ½ kg
2. Garlic – 200 gm
Ginger – 200 gm
Salt powder – As needed
3. Curry leaves – A handful
Chilli powder – 2 big spoons
Fenugreek powder – 1 big spoon
Asafoetida powder – 1 small spoon
How to prepare Oil-less Lemon Pickle?
1. Wash lemon and completely remove moisture content.
2. Cut each lemon into 8 pieces.
3. Heat a thick bottomed pan and add lemon pieces.
4. Keep stirring. Keep flame low.
5. When water content is evaporated add ingredients no: 2 and cook for half an hour.
6. Stir the contents occasionally.
7. When lemon is well cooked, add ingredients no: 3 and cook in low flame for 10 more minutes.
8. When contents are well mixed, put off the flame.
9. When it cools off completely, transfer your lemon pickle to glass containers.
10. You can store your pickle for years.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, June 10 – 23, 2023
Also read a few more pickle recipes. Visit my page.