Broken Wheat Upma (Nurukk Gothamb Upmaav)
Ingredients for Broken Wheat Upma (Nurukk Gothamb Upmaav):
1. Broken wheat (Nurukk Gothamb)– 1 glass
2. Onion – 1, medium sized
3. Carrot – 1 small, chopped
4. Ginger – 1 small piece, chopped
5. Bird’s eye chilli (Kanthari) – 4, chopped
6. Curry leaves – 1 stalk
7. Mustard and salt – As required
8. Oil – 2 tsp
9. Coconut scrapped – 1 handful
10. Water – ½ glass
How to prepare Broken Wheat Upma (Nurukk Gothamb Upmaav)?
1. Wash broken wheat (Nurukk Gothamb) and drain off excess water.
2. Add half cup water to it and cook for 5 minutes in a pressure cooker.
3. After 5 minutes, put off the flame.
4. Heat oil in a pan and sputter mustard seeds.
5. Sauté curry leaves, carrot, ginger and onions. Also add sufficient salt.
6. When the contents are well sauted, add scrapped coconut and cooked broken wheat to it.
7. Mix the contents well and cook in low flame with lid closed.
8. When vapours start coming out, open the lid and serve hot.
You can go through the list of main course recipe listing here and choose recipes accordingly. Click on the images in the gallery to read.