Bhargan Tandoori Aloo
Ingredients for Bhargan Tandoori Aloo:
1. Potato – 12
2. Oil – As needed
3. Cumin seeds – 1 small spoon
4. Green chillies – 5, chopped
Ginger chopped – 4 small spoons
5. Raisins – 4 small spoons
Broken cashews – 2 big spoons
6. Green peas – 80 gm
Paneer – 100 gm
Khova – 50 gm
7. Chat masala – ½ small spoon
Chilli powder – ¼ small spoon
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
8. Tandoori masala – As required
9. Coriander leaves chopped – 2 small spoons
Chat masala – ½ small spoon
Cream – A little
How to prepare Bhargan Tandoori Aloo?
1. Clean potatoes and curve cylinder shapes with 1.5 inch width and 2 inch length.
2. Using a small knife, remove the inner parts.
3. Deep fry the outer shells of potatoes till golden brown.
4. Cut the peeled off parts into small bits and deep fry in oil.
5. Heat oil in a pan and sputter cumin seeds.
6. Sauté ginger and green chillies in this oil followed by raisins and cashews.
7. Add ingredients no: 6 to it along with fried small potato pieces.
8. Add ingredients no: 7 to this mixture, mix the contents well and put the flame off.
9. Use this mixture as filling for cylinder shaped potatoes and paste tandoori masala.
10. Skew these potatoes to a skewer or lengthy stick and roast in medium flame (direct flame).
11. Cut the potatoes lengthwise and place them on a serving plate.
12. Decorate the plate with ingredients no: 9 and serve.
Archive: Vanitha Magazine, August 1-14, 2016
Read a few more potato snack recipes. Here is the page link. Click on the images in the gallery to read.