Tender Coconut Toffee Pudding
Ingredients for Tender Coconut Toffee Pudding:
1. Milk – 1 litre
Sugar – 1 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 small spoon
2. Maida – 3 small spoons
Corn flour – 3 small spoons
Water – As needed
3. Sugar, water – ½ cup each
4. Bread, with edges removed – As needed
5. Sugar – 3 small spoons
6. Fresh cream – ¼ cup
Condensed milk – 3 big spoons
7. Tender coconut cut into pieces – 1 cup
How to prepare Tender Coconut Toffee Pudding?
1. Boil ingredients no: 1 together.
2. Mix ingredients no: 2 and add to milk mixture.
3. Keep stirring and cook till contents thicken.
4. Mix half cup water and sugar together, and keep aside.
5. Soak bread pieces in this sugar solution and spread on a pudding tray.
6. Pour milk mixture on top and place in refrigerator. Allow it to set.
7. Add 3 small spoons of sugar to a saucepan and caramelize it. It should turn light brown.
8. Add fresh cream and condensed milk and keep stirring. Keep flame low.
9. Put off the flame and add tender coconut pieces to it. This is toffee sauce.
10. Allow it to cool completely and place in refrigerator.
11. Just before you serve, take both bread and toffee sauce from refrigerator.
12. Pour toffee sauce on the top of bread and serve chilled.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine, June 24 – Jul 7, 2023
Also read a few more pudding recipes. Visit my page.