Sweet Rava- Kozhukatta
Ingredients for Sweet Rava-Kozhukatta:
- Rava – ¼ kg
- Jaggery – 200 gm
- Salt – a pinch
- Coconut scrapped – ½
- Cardamom powder – as needed
How to prepare Sweet Rava- Kozhukatta?
- Fry rava till it becomes golden brown.
- Heat jaggery in a pan by adding water and remove its dirt and impurities by filtering.
- Then add a pinch of salt and keep stirring. Put the flame off.
- Add scrapped coconut, rava and cardamom powder to it.
- Mix it well and make small balls from the batter.
- Steam cook the balls and serve as a sweet.
Rava Kozhukkatta (Recipe 2)
Ingredients for Rava Kozhukkatta (Recipe 2):
1. Water – 1 cup
2. Roasted rava – ½ cup
3. Salt – For taste
4. Jaggery melted – 1 cup
Coconut scrapped – ½ cp
Cardamom powder – 1 small spoon
How to prepare Rava Kozhukkatta (Recipe 2)?
1. Boil water in a pan and add rava it.
2. Keep stirring to avoid formation of lumps.
3. Add salt to it and put off the flame.
4. Transfer rava to another container.
5. To prepare filling, take ingredients no: 4 in a pan, and sauté it till water content is fully absorbed.
6. Fry the contents well.
7. Grease your hands with oil and place a little rava mixture in your palm.
8. Spread it and place a little filling inside it.
9. Completely enclose the filling inside rava mixture.
10. Continue the process and prepare balls.
11. Steam cook the balls for 15 minutes.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine April 2-15, 2022