Sone Ki Firni
Sone Ki Firni is a Kashmiri dish, a dessert. Also read simple Firni recipe, using basmati rice and thick fat milk.
Ingredients for Sone Ki Firni:
1. Mango pulp – ½ cup
2. Rice powdered (big granules) – 2 big spoons
3. Milk – 2 cups
4. Sugar – 1 cup (If needed, you can use extra)
Cardamom powdered – ¼ small spoon
5. Almonds, raisins, cashews, pista – 3 big spoons
6. Ghee – 1 big spoon
7. Saffron – A little
How to prepare Sone Ki Firni?
1. Boil milk and cook rice flour for 10 minutes.
2. Keep stirring to avoid lumps.
3. Add sugar, cardamom powder, and cook for 5 minutes, till rice is well cooked.
4. Heat ghee in a pan and fry ingredients no: 5.
5. When colour of nuts changes, add rice-milk mixture.
6. Put off the flame and allow it to cool completely.
7. Add ground mango pulp, mix the contents and decorate with saffron.
8. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour and serve chilled.
Courtesy: Vanitha Magazine September 1-14, 2010
Read a few more mango recipes. Click on the images in the gallery to read.