Shital Thakkar – Television actress who got her first break through ‘Swabhimaan’
Shital Thakkar is a television actress who appears in Hindi soaps. She is a stage actress too, who appears in Gujarati plays. She has done a few modelling assignments as well. She plays supporting roles in TV shows. She joined television industry in 1995 through iconic TV series of Doordarshan, Swabhimaan. She portrayed the character of Ritu in the daily soap telecasted during 1995 – 1997, which also marked acting debut of a bunch of Hindi film and television actors.
Shital Thakkar was born in 1975 into a Gujarati family. She got her early break to television through Swabhimaan in 1995. She was already doing Gujarati plays then. Neeraj Vora’s Gujarati play, Aflatoon is her famous theatre work. Some of her television roles include – Aashirwaad, Hatim, Parivartan, Ye Meri Life Hai, Kareena Kareena, Sarabhai vs Sarabhai, Kituu Sabb Jaantii Hai, Risshton Ki Dor, Burey Bhi Hum Bhale Bhi Hum and Satrangi Sasural.
Shital Thakkar – Some interesting and less-known facts
1. She got her first break to television during her college days.
2. Shital Thakkar has learnt belly dance soon after the show Risshton Ki Dor wrapped up. She started with jive and salsa.
3. She mostly portrays positive roles on small screen. She played a grey character in Kituu Sabb Jaantii Hai.
4. She has been a part time model during her early days in profession.
5. Her husband Ritesh Kothari is a stock broker.